Part-time Bookkeeper / General Accountant
Toronto, ON Canada
Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Bookkeeping, Accountant
- Duration Part-time ongoing
- Education required N/A
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A 2019-08-13 Workhoppers Home Toronto ONMississauga ON
- We are looking for a part-time bookkeeper / general accountant for The Globe and Mail's Conference & Event Centre. Working with the events team as well as the Finance department, the main responsibility of this role is the preparation and reporting of monthly financial information, as well as analysis to support the business.
- Manage the revenue, expense, and accounts receivable/payable process -- including entering, verifying, and reconciling invoices, quotes, etc.
- Maintain standard costs in event management software. Review all revenue and costs for reasonability.
- Understand and reconcile differences between financial information in the event management system and corporate general ledger.
- Maintain inventory continuity schedules, reconciling beverage purchases and consumption.
- Perform account reconciliations and analysis on a monthly basis. Identify key issues and significant variances as a result of the monthly analysis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for customer deposits and expense accruals in general ledger.
- Generate routine and ad hoc reporting.
- Assist in maintaining data integrity of the master files, including vendor name, address and payment terms.
- Work with the Finance department to coordinate the month-end financial reporting.
- Accounting background; working knowledge in bookkeeping and reporting.
- Self-motivated, team player, and ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with SAP and Basware is considered an asset
- Experience or interest in an event venue, restaurant or hospitality business is an asset.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.