- Location Seattle, WA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help, Health Engineering, Sciences research
- Duration Part Time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A 2019-08-14 Workhoppers Home Seattle WA
- Reports to: Quality Manager
We are a high growth company developing state-of-the-art optical measurement systems. Our world class solutions provide access to accurate, repeatable data at key measurement points throughout multiple research and industrial processes – generating significant value for our partners. Our innovative products and solutions are fundamentally changing the way businesses make decisions.
Our core areas of focus include:
· Raman spectroscopy and optical measurement systems for process improvement
· Design and development of optical sensors
· Development of data analysis and cloud-based systems for real-time monitoring and control
the company was founded in 2012 and is based in Seattle, WA. The company is currently working with global, market leading brands representing the oil and gas, biotech and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Please see www.marqmetrix.com for more information.
The test technician conducts tests and reports results on our products as part of Production and Product Development activities.
The Test Technician will be responsible for testing all products.
This includes meeting with the engineering team to discuss and determine pass/fail criteria, update procedures and create new test fixtures.
The Test Technician will manage doc control of Test Records, Test Equipment, Demo/Eval Equipment Performance.
This includes but is not limited to uploading documents, revising documents, confirming reports have been properly filled out. Given this role falls under the company Quality department, the Test technician will need to maintain quality test results on all Products and equipment.
This position is a non-benefitted Part-Time role @ 15-20 hours/week (flexible scheduling).
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Conducts various performance tests of the company’s products and prototypes in accordance with test procedures and experiments.
- Maintains accurate records of test results. Reports results and any issues or anomalies to Engineering, Production or Quality teams.
· Meticulously follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Occasional light administrative duties, general housekeeping and laboratory cleaning.
· Recognize and report problems with quality, process, equipment or materials to Quality Manger and assist with basic troubleshooting
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 2 year postsecondary education in a STEM area, e.g. chemistry, physics, or engineering is a must, or equivalent work experience.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (programming experience is a plus).
- Basic knowledge of Quality Control concepts and procedures.
- Ability to problem solve, handle pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in optical or electrical testing processes a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our company culture is a must
- General knowledge/interest of engineering, chemistry or optics a plus.
- Experience with MediaLab
- Experience with SmartSheet
Candidates possess the following characteristics:
· A “can-do”, positive attitude.
· Adaptable. Thrives in a dynamic, rapidly changing, high growth environment.
· Strong customer service orientation with a high standard of excellence.
· Self-motivated, inherently curious and driven to achieve.
· Equally effective working in a team or independently.
· An interest in physics, chemistry, sensors or spectroscopy is a plus.
Please send application materials to email.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.