Capitol Language Services is seeking to fill the following position:
- After-school Playground Supervisors
- Monday through Friday (or minimum twice a week)
- Interested candidates must be available 3 – 6 pm
We offer afterschool programs with a variety of classes for children from 3 to 11 years old in NW, Washington, D.C. Our programs include afterschool activities like arts and crafts, playground time, language classes, dance classes, etc. The requirements for applying to this position are:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Some experience working with small children or genuine interest in learning how to work in a school setting
- Basic computer knowledge is required
- Ability to use Excel
- Able to accept guidance and supervision from supervisor and administrative staff
- Legal US work authorization
- Previous experience related to this position is preferred
- Willing to be flexible in responsibilities, which might include playground supervision, classroom support, etc.
- Good references from previous employers
- The candidate must be ready to start on August 26, 2019
Responsibilities and Duties:
The playground supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that the health and safety rules are followed, reporting accidents if any and interacting with students, encouraging appropriate play and managing student behavior. Previous experience working with students and knowledge of first aid is an asset. He / She must also have organizational skills to perform several duties simultaneously and manage large groups of students.
Please attach your resume. We will contact the candidates for an interview. Competitive rates. This is a part-time job.