We provide in-home tutoring for all grades and subjects. We believe that all children have the ability to learn and all they need is a support network where they can develop their own learning style and become confident in themselves and their abilities.
With a strong foundation that includes great tutors and a personalized curriculum, we are providing thousands of students the ability to realize their academic and personal potential. If you are looking for a flexible, part-time job that provides in-home tutoring and allows you to develop your own lesson plans with access to the Ontario School Curriculum, than Tutor Doctor is for you!
We have opportunities for tutors with expertise in the following subject areas:
- Elementary and High school Mathematics
- Elementary and High school Science
- Elementary and High school French
- Elementary and High school English
Our Offer to You -
- The only tutoring organization with full on-line access to the Ontario School Curriculum for Math, Science and English Language Arts.
- Our full-online access to resources allows ease of lesson planning through on-demand practice quizzes and tests, along with detailed lessons and answers to provide a comprehensive and interactive method for prepping before and during tutoring sessions.
- Set-up practice quizzes on-line for students to complete in between sessions and track students’ progress on-line.
- Opportunities to grow and hone your skills as an educator through various certificate programs offered at no charge. Programs completed increase earning potential executive learning skills focusing on time management, organization and prioritization.
- Create your own lesson plans according to your teaching preferences and various learning styles to maximize educational success.
- A competitive wage ($18-$24/hr) and flexible hours.
- Session appointments and reports completed on-line.
Qualifications and Requirements:
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about teaching and coaching. Great interpersonal skills, motivation and creativity are essential. We are looking for tutors who care about our students’ progress and who can teach them to have a positive relationship with learning.
- Certified teachers and teachers college candidates, undergraduates, graduates and professionals. Knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum and previous tutoring experience is an asset.
- Ability to teach subject matter and develop your own lesson plans that assess the student’s knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to teach materials in an interesting and engaging way that accommodates for various learning styles.
- Completion of a recent Vulnerable Sector Check. If you are selected for this position, you will have an opportunity to complete your background check.
- Available weekday afternoons and evenings and able to travel to students residences in the Brampton area. Please note: we do not provide tutoring services at a learning center.
- Exceptional communication skills with students, parents and supervisors.
This is a part-time, contract position with approximately 5-10 hours per week. Majority of hours are late weekday afternoons and evenings, with some weekends.