We are seeking a Part-Time or Full-Time Instructional System Designer who demonstrates strong ability to collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to conduct needs/task analyses for professional training and solutions to performance-based problems, create training objectives, design content, and develop assessments while demonstrating sound instructional principles, strategies and techniques. This includes compiling and organizing information, and writing and editing instructional materials to adapt classroom-based courseware and products, reference documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive eLearning training.
• Minimum of five (5) years of instructional design experience in training design and development of classroom and technology-based and web-based courseware materials using the ADDIE/ISD methodology
• Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills for adult training and/or education
• Experience providing ISD support for Federal Government, specifically DOT/FHWA and FEMA, highly preferred
• Proficient in writing content, creating behavioral and cognitive objectives, research and assessment, creation of instructor guides, use of PowerPoints, videos, interactive simulations, and other instructional materials
• Conduct analysis to define learning objectives; design and develop training courses and technology-based courseware
• Implement and make recommendations on learning and technology strategies
• Research and apply best practices based on client-specific requirements
• Generate instructional content and materials
• Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
• Support client locations throughout Washington DC Metro area
• Grow project work through identifying client needs and writing proposals
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Education, Organizational Development or other area of study comparably relevant
Part-time or Full-time. On-site meetings, telecommuting and flex schedules permitted
Hours and Compensation
This will be a permanent part-time or full-time position. If full-time, benefits include medical, dental, retirement savings plan, short-term and long-term disability and group life.
Thanks for your interest. However, you are not located in the right city for this job. The company is seeking a local candidate only.