We are a small but growing immigration law firm with an immediate need for a Full-Time In-house Bookkeeper to join our team to complete a major bookkeeping transition project with the goal of eventually transitioning to a permanent part-time or flexible hours position. Possibility of some remote work.
You will be responsible for helping us facilitate the transition to a new bookkeeping platform, problem-solving and trouble shooting any ongoing issues, and managing the invoicing and financial records for our company to maximize success and profitability.
To ensure a full time position once the bookkeeping transition is complete, office administration and clerical duties will be assigned on an as needed basis. We anticipate the position would be a hybrid between bookkeeping duties and other office duties.
- Reconcile information from old billing platform and files to new billing platform.
- Work closely with our accountant to provide updated and accurate financial statements.
- Record all client payments and open accounts and create invoices daily.
- Check the accuracy of business transactions.
- Perform data entry and administrative duties.
- Ensure accuracy of client accounts merged to the new platform.
- Assist office manager with confirming amounts for collections.
- Other office/clerical duties as assigned.
- Prior experience with Quickbooks Online is required.
- Experience with the Invoiced platform is a plus.
- Strong technological and analytical skills required.
- Ability to problem solve, trouble shoot, and work independently required.
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Solutions-oriented and ability to develop and execute a plan and financial strategy.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience working in an office setting is a plus.
- Foreign language skills is a plus. Spanish or Portuguese preferred.