We are looking to fill a position for a part-time special education teacher with our of our partner districts in the Phoenix area.
This is a k-5 roll. Guaranteed 16 hours a week
We have flexibility with compensation as well as additional perks available, including Sign-on bonuses, travel assistance, referral bonuses, and much more.
Instructs children in activities designed to promote learning concepts, acquire skills and develop positive attitudes that will contribute to their development as capable, mature, and responsible citizens by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Plans program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the mastery of student learning on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student’s life and conduct for the classroom; develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Participates in extracurricular assignments as needed.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year College or university
- an appropriate and current Arizona Teaching Certificate
- valid Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance card.
- Special Ed Certification