Accounting Coordinator (Part-time, 2-3 days/wk)
- Rate$25-30 per hour
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Bookkeeping, Accountant
- Duration 2-3 days/wk, Part-time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- more than 5
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required English 2019-09-08 Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
- Job Description
An established sports club in West Mississauga is looking for a bookkeeper for 2-3 days a week, preferably with experience in handling a Sports Club. The ideal candidate is a self starter, well organized and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision. Work collaboratively with Club Administrator, Coaches and Board members.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions accurately and on a timely basis.
• Preparing cheques for Signing Officers.
• Monthly account reconciliations and adjusting entries.
• Daily banking as applicable.
• Prepare and process monthly payroll and remittance to CRA.
• Maintaining accurate employee database and issuing ROE as needed.
• Monthly review of AR and AP, highlighting issues to management.
• Timely collection calls to members with overdue balance
• Liaise with external auditor on a quarterly basis, including year-end audit.
• Effective cash flow management.
• Comply with relevant reporting requirements and follow accounting policies and procedures.
• Maintain complete filing system to support financial and employee records.
• Preparing monthly Financial Statements for the Board of Directors.
• Must be flexible to work on some weekends.
Qualifications & Experience
• Post-secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping.
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, bookkeeping practices, relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of five years of experience in similar role.
• Extensive experience with payroll, data entry, record keeping and computer operation
Skill Sets Required
• Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work both independently or collaboratively with co-workers
• Proficient in Quick Books & Excel
• Working experience in Microsoft Outlook and Word
• Accurate data entry skills with strong attention to detail is key.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful of club members, co-workers and Management
Salary information: $25-30 per hour
Type of Employment-Part-time
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.