Cook for Senior Residence
Montreal, QC Canada
Laval/North Shore, QC Canada
Longueuil / South Shore, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help Cook/Chef/Baker
- Duration ongoing
- Education required Vocational training
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Culinary Arts
- Languages required N/A 2019-09-11 Workhoppers Home Montreal QCLaval/North Shore QCLongueuil / South Shore QC
- COOK for Senior Residence
Special opportunity for a kind individual who
can cook delicious and nourishing meals for our seniors, (20 residents).
All aspects of food preparation and dining.
1. Plan Menus that are nutritious, and tasty, and take into consideration the special needs of elderly who wear dentures and have various health issues including diabetes.
2. Track and meet the specific preferences. Menus also need to provide options for residents who may not like what is on the menu.
3. Keep track of inventory
4. Prepare shopping lists and order food from vendors
5. Be mindful of budget
5. Keep kitchen and dining room clean and hygienic
6. Prepare meals and snacks for weekend
7. Engage staff in harmoniously working together to receive feedback on specific needs, likes, and dislikes of individual residents and to assist with tasks when you are not on site.
8. Assist primary caregiver as needed and fill in during breaks, meetings, or absence
Our residence is a non institutional/home-like setting for individuals with memory loss. You must be sensitive, patient, and enjoy having the seniors around you in the kitchen, and be willing to sometimes involve them in basic cooking tasks.
Being a good communicator and team player and being able work cooperatively with staff and management is essential.
Please send your COVER LETTER highlighting your interest and experience that would make you the ideal candidate for this position.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.