- Rate$120,000 - $180,000 per hour
- Location Ottawa, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Psychology / Therapy
- Duration ongoing
- Education required PHD
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Psychology
- Languages required N/A 2019-09-12 Workhoppers Home Ottawa ON
- We are seeking a Clinical Psychologist with a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy orientation within a busy, well-established clinic in Ottawa Ontario, Canada.
What Can We Offer You?
A progressive professional development program
This includes at least 2 hours of development meetings per week, with Senior Psychologists who have over 30 years of experience. As well as a bi-annual allowance for professional development courses. Thus, the successful candidate will be provided with substantial support and training in CBT. This includes keeping abreast of:
(a) Traditional approaches to cognitive therapy;
(b) The most recent and cutting edge research in applicable cognitive science;
(c) Contemporary clinical techniques and applications including mindfulness, meta-cognitive therapy and other “third wave” approaches.
High Referral Rates
The Centre has a high rate of referrals from the community, which provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to have their case load grow rapidly. All referrals are assessed at intake by a senior psychologist and then assigned to a therapist who best matches the referral, ensuring that therapists develop a case load that best matches their interests and training.
The yearly range of payreflects income for 20-30 client hours. Your hours can be negotiated with the directors.
No Overhead Expenses
You will be given your own furnished office, and extensive administrative support. The Centre employs an administrative staff highly experienced in all administrative details involved in managing a private clinic. They are regularly complimented by clients for their helpfulness.
The successful candidate must:
- Have completed a clinical PhD program in Psychology, or equivalent
- Have completed their clinical internships and 1 year residency
- Be registered, or immediately eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Have training and a key interest in CBT.
- Have a commitment to further developing their therapy skills within a CBT orientation
- Have a dedication to integrating an academic orientation with clinical practice
- Enjoy working in a collegial workplace atmosphere
- Eligible to work in Canada
- English essential
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
We are owned and operated by Dr. Jane Blouin and Dr. Arthur Blouin.
How do you apply? Please email a detailed resume and cover letter to our office manager
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.