The Account Manager will work with the Director of Business Development and VP Operations to plan, execute, and analyze activities for the development of new, and management of existing, LEAP delivery partner accounts with a goal of driving new revenue into the organization. This individual will be responsible for working with partners to grow LEAP renewals, secure new agreements, ensure high-quality support for partners, and increase LEAP capacity building within new and existing partner organizations. This individual will also identify and develop new partner, event and promotional opportunities across the country to support the growth of our direct-to-learner course delivery.
1. New Business Development
- Work with the Director of Business Development to develop and manage an integrated business development plan that includes both existing and new clients/partners.
- In alignment with the integrated business development plan and the work of the Director of Business Development, secure new business and generate new revenue by identifying opportunities, building a pipeline of opportunities, and developing and negotiating contracts with prospective partners and clients.
- Ensure the timely follow-up on leads generated through various channels.
- Represent Pallium and Pallium’s brand professionally with potential partners/clients.
- Ensure contact data is accurately entered and managed within our CRM system.
- Achieve overall targets for LEAP partner and revenue growth.
2. Account Management and Inside Sales
- Build relationships and rapport with existing accounts/partners to maximize value and return from these relationships, and to engender loyalty.
- Manage each account life-cycle to maintain or grow the renewal rate of existing agreements and increase the annual revenue from each partner account.
- Identify opportunities for growth of existing partner revenue and accounts and develop proposals that speak to the partner’s needs, concerns & objectives in alignment with Pallium’s brand.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products, tools and resources and the various contexts in which they are leveraged.
- Track and analyze annual course activity of each account and identify specific account needs and/or concerns.
- Capture partner testimonials for repurposing in other sales materials to help establish trust and credibility.
- Achieve targets for growth of existing partner revenue and accounts, including increasing the fill-rate of LEAP courses with partners.
3. Direct Delivery
- Grow this new course delivery channel into a viable stream of revenue for the organization.
- Work closely with the Manager of Marketing and Communications, identify and engage existing or new partners who would benefit from Pallium’s direct-to-learner course offerings including conferences and events.
- Identify and engage marketing and promotional partners who can help our reach learners who can benefit from Pallium’s direct-to-learner courses.
- Help develop and distribute marketing and communication collateral related to direct-to-learner courses ensuring relevance to partner needs and the target audience.
- Develop proposals for direct-to leaner course offerings for partners including clear statements of work and quotes.
- Manage and shepherd relationships with partners that are implementing direct-to-learner courses to ensure a positive experience and drive repeat engagement.
- Identify challenges in delivery and opportunities for improvement.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of business development/sales experience in a healthcare or educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree in business or health administration or a related field, or equivalent experience
- A proven track-record of achieving revenue and business growth targets
- Familiarity with the operational processes of Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), Regional Health Authorities, long term care facilities, hospitals would be a definite asset
- Excellent planning and organizing skills involving goal setting and results measurement, with the ability to develop effective plans that define activities, resources and timelines.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly to ensure understanding.
- Proven track record in securing new partnerships and funding opportunities
- Excellent team player
- Understanding and exposure to product development, pricing, and implementation would be considered an asset.
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines
- Bilingualism an asset
- Degree or work experience in health care an asset
Pallium Canada is a national, non-profit organization focused on building professional and community capacity to help improve the quality and accessibility of palliative care in Canada. Palliative care aims to improve the quality of life for individuals with a life-limiting illness and their families, by reducing their suffering through early identification, assessment and treatment of pain, understanding their goals of care, and meeting their full range of needs—physical, cultural, psychological, social, and spiritual.
The company has trained over 23,000 healthcare professionals via its evidence-informed Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) courseware. Our suite of LEAP products has been adopted by numerous organizations big and small, including provincial health authorities, long-term care facilities, paramedic teams, and hospitals, to name a few. Uptake of LEAP courseware has grown organically, supported by its strong reputation and proven results. An opportunity exists to proactively grow the breadth and scope of its user base to support the organization’s aggressive market penetration objectives.
Our goal is to strengthen home and community-based palliative care through education and support to health care professionals and family/neighbour carers so that every Canadian who requires palliative care will receive it early, effectively, and compassionately.