Canadian company recognized as being an industry leader in the manufacturing and service of stainless steel process piping systems and equipment.
We are results driven, and strive for excellence with our priority always being customer satisfaction.
We are looking for an Process Engineer to join its successful team.
This Process Engineering role will have a primary focus on Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Food and Beverage solutions. The individual will participate in all project phases and be responsible for the design, management and deliverables for skid-based solutions such as vessel, blending, mixing and clean in place skids.
· Contribute to successful coordination and implementation of Mechanical Process design
· Engineering thermodynamic and fluid mechanical designs in both heat and mass balance
· Aid in selection of major mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, heat exchangers, filters and other equipment
· Process piping design and integration of mechanical equipment
· Process Control design related to mechanical systems as well as collaboration with the Automation team.
· Complete mechanical project tasks that include, but not limited to initial design criteria and basis for design drawings, P&IDs
· Review, correct, and stamp design drawings
· Set out ITPs and documentation packages for process and mechanical systems
· Inspection, approvals and verification of components and assemblies in both fab shop and field environments, including as built of final project
· Support commissioning and start-up of mechanical systems
· Audit existing processes and mechanical designs for performance problems
· Provide pre-sales process and mechanical system support to sales teams
· Perform site reviews for mechanical, electrical and process installations
· Complete in-process and final assembly inspections and approvals of process and/or mechanical systems
· Support Field Supervisors in site troubleshooting, technical and maintenance assistance at customer locations
· Mentor junior engineers in mechanical systems design best practices
· University Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
· Registered as a Professional Engineer with solid knowledge of engineering codes and standards
· 5+ years of experience in Food and Beverage industry, Construction Engineering, Planning and/or Project Management, preferably in a variety of fields (i.e., Industrial, Food and Beverage industry, Biotech, Dairy, Pharmaceutical an asset)
· Experience in the design of fluid and bulk materials handling processes including preparation of process flow diagrams, heat and material balances and P&IDs
· Experience in the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels and CIP systems
· Mentor and works closely with other discipline Engineers, Designers and Project Managers as a key team player within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team.
· Familiarity with CFIA and HACCP requirements
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Tests self against a high standard of excellence; takes responsibility for self-development
· Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
· Liaise with clients, contractor representatives and/or project field personnel as necessary to assist with meeting key project deliverables with strong ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve arising issues ion a timely manner
· Conducts work in a professional manner and communicate a positive image personally and of the project