We are a startup currently searching for an IOS software developer for new and exciting Research and Development projects. This is a temporary full time position on a 6-month term however, there is opportunity to stay on after the conclusion of the projects. He/she will be responsible for designing and developing IOS applications, adapting different graphic layouts and mock-ups into fully functional iPhone or iPad applications. This will be done through the use of objective C and a variety of other frame works to ensure the best possible product.
This role requires someone who has demonstrated an ability to develop code into user-friendly mobile apps. The ideal candidate is able to work across the full application lifecycle: from concept to design; from test to release; from support to maintenance. The candidate has experience gathering requirements from a broader team and translating team input into a fully-functioning mobile application.
Qualifications and Skills
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
• Roles require working knowledge of iOS, Android, or cross-platform languages and frameworks
• iOS developers should have 1+ years or demonstrated fluency in iOS-relevant languages (Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch), experience with Cocoa APIs for OS X, and familiarity with iOS frameworks (Core Data, Core Animation)
• Android developers should have 1+ years or demonstrated fluency in Android-relevant languages (knowledge of Android SDK above Android 7, Java, Kotlin, C/C++)( this company is primarily iOS so android knowledge is a plus but not necessary)
• Cross-platform developers should have 1+ years or demonstrated fluency in relevant languages and frameworks (React Native, Flutter)
• Deep understanding of UX design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Extensive experience utilizing RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices (i.e., code review, unit tests, revision control)
Who you are
• You understand that writing code is as much about functionality as it is about communication, and that shines through in the clarity of your code and how you describe it to your teammates
- You are a self-starter who can work autonomously and drive your success within a team
- Problem solver that can work without having any technical manager
- You are comfortable when things go according to plan, and you are energized when chaos strikes and the team's well-laid plans need to be overhauled
- You are self motivated and are able to get things done without being under constant supervision
- You know that start-up life involves continual adaptation and change, and that excites you, as well as knowing that this is just the start and potential benefits will be 10 fold down the road.
- Finally Compensation is important but doesn’t drive you, but the desire to Create new apps and software does.