ABOUT US We’re a community-based health and human services organization using person-centered care to treat our area’s most vulnerable populations. We work with families in settings that are safe and familiar to them, and view them as equal partners when planning, developing, and monitoring care. Our mission is to be a compassionate, transforming presence within our communities. We reach out to offer help – and hope – to people who are experiencing:
• Mental illness and substance abuse
• Physical health needs
• Intellectual disabilities • Traumatic events or circumstances, including homelessness + abuse
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Housing Stabilization Coordinator to provide a variety of skilled administrative duties directly related to support of the clients and efficient running of the program. The Housing Stabilization Coordinator position is primarily responsible for shift oversight for the Emergency Shelter program but will cover other programs within Bethlehem Haven as necessary. Bethlehem Haven provides emergency shelter, permanent supportive housing, homeless prevention, and Medical Respite support for women and men who are experiencing homelessness.
• Works 40 hours per week M-F, with two weekend days per month, subject to change.
• Must be physically able to walk steps. • Must be physically able to lift boxes or bags of food, clothing and cleaning supplies as necessary.
We’re looking for a good-natured, compassionate, solutions-focused person who demonstrates a high level of integrity, problem-solving, and crisis and resource management. If you’re highly organized, a good communicator, and a management master, we’re looking for you!
• Uses a housing first, strength-based, and trauma-informed approach to housing goal planning. This includes holding clients accountable for guidelines and expectations outlined in the handbook.
• Completes resident housing goal plan by assessing the client’s needs within first seven days of intake.
• Completes intake and exit assessments and data entry into HMIS for each client within the 72 hours, when applicable
• Assists clients with referrals for permanent housing, employment placement, and non-cash benefits (medical/ SNAP).
• Completes and collects all Housing Applications, works with clients and follow-ups to ensure that all housing paperwork is completed.
• Keeps job board up to date by pulling old posts and posting new job opportunities daily on job bulletin boards
• Works with clients one on one to meet their individualized housing plan goals and completes necessary documentation for each meeting
• Accurately completes the following paperwork, nightly crossovers, incident reports, client roster roll calls, and places the exits and intakes in appropriate staff boxes.
• Uses On-Call support to make appropriate decisions for client and resident related concerns
• Facilitates building security.
• Attends all staff meetings and trainings, as required and assigned
• Must have: Strong problem-solving skills, communication skills, attention to detail, ability to facilitate crisis and conflict management, computer skills - good data entry skills and use of Microsoft Office
• Associate’s degree in a human service field or prior experience in a human services field. A combination of education and experience may be considered per approval of the Chief Operating Officer (COO).