Description Reports To: Vice President Sales & Marketing
Location: Head Office, Etobicoke
In order to achieve annual sales and margin goals, the Estimating & Sales position is responsible to seek out and perform accurate and uniform preparation of construction estimates. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing and building relationships with existing and potential clients. Preparing sound estimates that utilize internal labour, equipment and material as well as leveraging our strong subcontractor partners.
This individual’s accuracy is critical to the profitability of the business.
· Establish, develop and maintain positive client & Subcontractor relationships
· Regular interaction and introductions to customer and subcontractor leads.
· Analyzing opportunities and creating strategies to best suit individual opportunities.
· Secure plans and specifications for each project
· Reads and understands the scope of proposed work based on contractual obligations and requirements. Apportions the value of risk is communicated to management.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
· Prepare initial project schedule.
· Review cost history for similar projects prior to bid.
· Know and understand profit level attainable in market
· Attend pretender meetings and site evaluations prior to pricing.
· Acquiring “plan takers” lists and verifying bidders
· Performing material “take-off” from tender drawings and verifying tender quantities.
· Prepare estimate, input material and subcontractor pricing.
· Following up with general contractors and client quotations in a timely manner, recording and documenting results.
· Preparation of subcontract agreements complete with scope of work, items and project qualifications.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· University/College Diploma (in Civil Engineering an asset)
· Must be able to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Project.
· Valid Class “G” Driver’s License
DEMONSTRATED MANAGEMENT SKILLS
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to maintain organization and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
DEMONSTRATED INTERPERSONAL (PEOPLE) SKILLS
· Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
· Strong Prospecting, negotiation and closing skills
COMPANY SPONSORED TRAINING
· New Employee Orientation
· Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
· Health & Safety/ Quality Policy Review
· Construction Lien Act
· Estimating software (“Bid2Win”)
· Leadership Development
Occasional within GTA.
90% office. 10% construction site visits. Low with occasional exposure to disagreeable elements.