Reports to: Technical Manager, Software Engineering
☒ Full-time or ☐ Part-time
☐ Exempt or ☒ Non-exempt
We are a funded FinTech startup in Los Angeles that is delivering innovative new “foresight modeling” to commercial clients built on cutting-edge big data analytics and technologies. We are looking to hire a Software Engineer who will report to the Technical Manager, Software Engineering. To be successful, you will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of Praedicat’s clients and proprietary analytics. You must be willing to learn new languages, technologies and methodologies necessary to solve a problem and, if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, innovate as necessary.
· Making a difference: Our products deliver data from peer-reviewed science into the workflow of business so that our clients can use it to make better decisions – cleaner technologies, safer products, a healthier environment.
· Multidisciplinary collaboration: We work in teams with smart people from multiple disciplines to develop creative solutions.
· Hard problems and cutting-edge technologies: Our data science, modeling and software engineering challenges are hard and innovative solutions are necessary.
- Define, design, test and implement solutions for high-performance systems using emerging technologies to support our product lines
- Work as a member of our software team on application development
- Resolve & fix defects/bugs during testing
- Assist in building and maintaining internal tools
- Work in all the layers of the software stack
- Take ownership of building and maintaining software and applications
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams
- B.Sc. in computer science or a related field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of layered and n-tier architectures
- Experience in building resilient, scalable, distributed systems
- Solid understanding and experience in OOAD
- Extensive hands on experience in .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET Core, MVC, Web Forms)
- Strong Knowledge of REST architectural patterns and building RESTful services
- Experience designing and implementing APIs and SDKs
- Experience with Multithreading, TPL, async/await patterns, etc.
- Hands-on experience with database technologies at scale (either SQL or NoSQL)
- Working knowledge of version control system (SVN/GitHub)
- AWS experience preferred
- Experience with various design patterns
- Experience with SSIS / SSRS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with Message Queuing
To apply, send your cover letter and resume as a single document.
Incentive Compensation and Benefits
Praedicat believes in a work-life balance that is supported by a competitive compensation and benefits package. All full-time regular employees are eligible for benefits such as:
- Participation in Stock Incentive Plan offering equity-based incentives for employees
- Annual equity bonuses tied to individual and company performance
- The ability to contribute to a Praedicat-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Medical insurance coverage, with both HMO and PPO options, as well as dental and vision coverage
- An allotment of PTO (paid time off) and ten official holidays each year