IT Helpdesk Technician
- Rate TBD
- Location Edmonton, AB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project IT & Software System Admin, Network & System adm., Computer Network Technician
- Duration Full time ongoing
- Education required High school graduate
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A 2019-12-03 Workhoppers Home Edmonton AB
If you want to be part of a dedicated, seasoned team of IT professionals, then we would like to talk to you. We are a small company with some large opportunities in front of us, and we need to add to our team before we can engage. We are seeking people that have both talent and a dedication to continuous improvement.
The position currently available is for a junior to intermediate level technician. This is a position that relies less on experience than on attention to detail, time management, and extraordinary customer service skills. The ideal candidate is an energetic individual interested in advancing in the IT industry, with a good work ethic, positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.
* Delivers, sets up, installs, modifies, maintains and services, desktops, laptops, other mobile computer devices, scanners, printers, audio video equipment, and other related peripherals or devices.
* Resolves complex client issues related to desktop and laptop computers, and related software and servers.
* Preforms Active Directory maintenance.
* Provides troubleshooting and repairs using remote service software.
* Diagnoses complex problems and repairs hardware.
* Installs, configures, upgrades, and maintains approved software, antivirus software and applications.
* Instructs users in the basic care and operation of desktop and laptop computers, printers, and other related peripherals.
* Prepares written reports.
* May install and configure servers with operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux, and Mac OS).
* Travel locally to satellite offices for onsite repairs.
* Analyzes, plans, implements, and manages IT Projects.
* Gathers and analyzes data to report to Director of Information Technology.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
* Computer terminology
* Laser and other types of printers
* Installation and use of standardized software packages
* Operating Systems: Windows OS and mobile OS (i.e. Android and iOS), Windows Server 2008 and newer
* Desktop Office Suites and Microsoft Outlook
* Knows current best practices and in the configuration, maintenance, repair, and service of personal computers, wired and wireless networks, network servers, network printers, laptops, network switches, and TCP/IP protocols
* Basic network, A/V and VOIP terminology & principles
* Current practices, and materials involved in the configuration, maintenance, repair, and service of personal computers, wired and wireless networks, network servers, network printers, laptops, network switches, Wi-Fi and TCP/IP protocols.
* IP addressing and subnet schemes
* Copper and fiber cable topologies
* Basic understanding of Voice over IP and related technologies
* Prioritize work and multitask
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Analyze and diagnose malfunctions and perform required repairs
* Utilize software tools to troubleshoot desktop/laptop issues
* Research and apply appropriate solutions to IT issues
* Stays informed on new desktop related software applications and deployment
* Multi-task and function in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with frequent changes
* Remain calm and pleasant under stressful situations
* Work effectively & independently without immediate supervision
* Minimum of 2 year work experience preforming related duties. Successful completion of course work in information technology may be substituted for the required experience.
* Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.