Senior Fund Reporting Analyst
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Finance, Accountant
- Duration 12 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A 2019-12-04 Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Thank you for applying to our opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Senior Fund Reporting Analyst/ Consultant (Contract); JOB: 9515; email or call us.
Position No.: 9515
Title: Senior Fund Reporting Analyst/ Consultant (Contract)
Type: 12 Months Contract
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto, ON
We are a publicly traded and leading global asset management firm with more than $800 billion in assets under Management, with about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries
The goal of the department is to provide accurate, timely and efficient financial reporting expertise to the firm’s Canada Funds (the “Funds”). In addition to supporting the regulatory reporting requirements of the Funds, the department proactively conducts analysis to support the goals and objectives of the firm. Although the primary focus of the department is on the Funds side of the business, the department also supports initiatives for various other areas including Corporate, Sales, Legal and Marketing teams. The Senior Fund Reporting Consultant will conduct analysis and provide reports to various internal clients at the firm’s Canadian division and its parent company, as well as to external parties. The individual will gain a sound understanding of the Funds, and the fund management business.
· Assist in the compilation and review of the annual and semi-annual financial statements and
· Management Report of Fund Performance (MRFP) of the various Canada family of products, specifically funds with complex accounting or reporting issues
· Prepare and review financial data for Fund Facts documents, ETF Facts, Quarterly Portfolio
· Disclosure, simplified prospectus, annual information form, and any other regulatory report, as required
· Prepare, analyze and review regular and ad-hoc reports on Fund performance, security holdings, security classifications, and sales and asset levels for internal and external users
· Prepare and review periodic reports for internal reporting to management and various departments
· Proactively analyze and clearly communicate issues and suggested solutions to management on varying reporting, accounting or other related items
· Provide senior level constructive feedback to analysts following reviews of their deliverables
· Design and develop new financial reporting controls and provide technical analysis support to the Fund Reporting team
· Use strong change management skills to assist in the planning and implementation of departmental initiatives
· Suggest continuous improvement ideas and assist in the implementation of new departmental efficiencies
Must Have Technical Skills:
· Minimum of 3-5 years in financial and/or fund reporting preferably in a similar industry.
· Experience with IFRS and/or National Instrument 81-106 or other regulatory reporting standards.
· Ability to apply solid accounting knowledge in working on the Funds' regulatory reporting requirements
· Strong analytical skills in facilitating periodic internal and external reports on the Funds.
· Ability to understand various accounting issues and perform quality control checks on the output from various stakeholders.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.