Description We are one of the Bay Area's fastest growing outpatient anxiety treatment centers. Our mission is to help consumers access choice and take the stress out of finding high quality mental health care.
We are committed to providing supportive and *flexible* options for mental health care professionals to build a career. We have seven clinics around the Bay Area (the historic Shell building in San Francisco’s Financial District, Nob Hill, Berkeley, Downtown Oakland, Rockridge Oakland, Fremont, and San Jose), and we are continuing to scale our vision of personalized, evidence-based therapy, with plans to open offices in Palo Alto and Mountain View. We provide services in person and via teletherapy, in the daytime and evenings, on weekdays and weekends.
We have assembled a top-notch community of clinicians around the Bay Area. They have trained at places like Stanford, Palo Alto University, Pepperdine, CSPP, UCSD, and the SF VA. Our strength is in our diversity and collective experience, and we work hard to be responsive and supportive of our clinician community.
The Center provides a private practice feel with access to beautiful office space without the added responsibilities of marketing, long waits to build your caseload, overseeing billing, and the like. Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with a team of highly diverse and trained clinicians also eliminate the isolation that can sometimes come with working in a private practice.
We strongly believe that clinicians should be free to spend most of their working time delivering meaningful therapy, without the hassle of excessive paperwork and administrative matters. We have a model of care that is consistent with our emphasis on both client and clinician satisfaction. In addition to our ongoing efforts to seek client feedback to continue improving the quality of our services, we are as committed to seeking ongoing feedback from our clinicians as well. Making the San Francisco Stress and Anxiety Center a rewarding place to work is our priority.
About the Clinical Psychologist position:
Do you have a passion for delivering evidence-based treatments in a private practice environment?
Are you interested in providing therapy on a part-time up to a potentially full-time basis (8-40 hours/week), with total control over your schedule as well as having the opportunity to work remotely by providing teletherapy?
Would you like to work with a steady flow of highly motivated, intellectually stimulating clients?
Would you like to have access to consultation groups, training that provides CEU’s, and opportunities to socialize and network with a group of highly diverse and well-trained clinicians?
Would you like to have the opportunity to provide additional services, such as facilitating a training, leading a consultation group, or delivering group therapy?
If so, San Francisco Stress and Anxiety Center is a great place to start your practice and build relationships with supportive and knowledgeable colleagues. Our goal is to allow you to focus on doing good clinical work in a supportive environment, at a pace and schedule that suits you, without the stress of building a practice or the red tape of a large agency.
You're a great fit if you:
- Have a strong work ethic
- Are technologically-savvy
- Have a strong foundation in evidence-based individual therapy, such as acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT), interpersonal therapy (IPT), motivational interviewing (MI), or emotionally focused therapy (EFT)
- Are well-versed in a variety of assessment and intervention techniques to address problems such as depression, anxiety, addiction, stress, trauma, grief etc
- Have experience working with psychosocial issues such as work stress management, relationship communication issues, change, transition and more
- Have experience using clinical diagnostic and assessment instruments to measure treatment progress and outcomes
- Are excited to collaborate with and learn from other clinicians
- Understand the HIPAA requirements for mental health records and substance abuse records, and maintain appropriate documentation in compliance with legal and ethical standards
- Have a current State of California license as a PhD, PsyD, LCSW, or LMFT
- Are willing to work 8 hours per week or more
- Have a minimum 3 years post independent licensure
What we provide:
- Steady stream of referrals
- Competitive compensation with bonus opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Health benefits to full-time and part-time employees
- In-house billing support
- In-house receptionist who screens prospective clients and schedules intake appointments
- Individual consultation with our Clinical Director and colleagues
- Weekly group case consultation
- At least quarterly training opportunities to attend that provide CEUs
- Paid sick time
- Supportive team environment
- Comfortable office space
- Both contractor and W-2 employment options
Why our current clinicians enjoy working here:
- “I'm able to solely focus on clinical work with my clients, while not being saddled with the responsibility of seeking out my own caseload. The clients I work with are motivated and willing to put in the work in order to create change.”
- “It's fantastic to have a work schedule that really fits my life (and not the other way around)!”
- “Working with highly motivated and intelligent clients is deeply satisfying and encourages meaningful professional growth.”
- “I feel fortunate to be part of such a diverse and compassionate team of providers, and love the proximity of the office to downtown San Francisco.”
- “It’s perfect for transitioning to private practice, either part or full time—there are office locations and availability in areas perfect for both clients and staff.”
- “SFStress is a practice that focuses on what we love most—the direct services with clients. Admin is clean, clear, minimal, and the entire staff is always helpful.”