Embedded Software Developer
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help, IT & Software Engineering, Embedded Software
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required English 2019-12-16 Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
The Embedded Software Developer will be involved with all the firmware development activities of our camera design team. The team's main focus is to design state of art video streaming system. Target activities mainly include experiment with new H/W platform, firmware design and implementation, qualification and laboratory tests. This position may also include some electronic design tasks, according to project needs and the candidate's expertise.
This position requires an analytical mind, a great deal of flexibility to adapt to a quick-paced and changing environment, a proactive attitude toward challenges and the will to innovate. Meticulous attention to details and strong work ethics are also required for this position.
Experiment with new hardware including corresponding software toolchain, setup the development environment.
Design proper test for the software implementation.
Develop software code for the embedded systems, related to
microcontroller code (with and without real-time operating system)
Continuously improve the firmware development processes.
Provide technical support during all product development phases: lab tests, certification, quality assurance and production ramp-up
1. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering;
2. Over 2 years firmware development experience.
3. Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
4. Works well under tight deadlines and able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities and being able to work indepently;
5. Analytical mind, above-average problem-solving ability.
1. Strong experience with the following programming languages: C
2. Strong experience in embedded programming, especially with the following operating systems: Windows, Linux;
3. Familiarity with open source toolchain, able to different processors.
4. Good networking knowledge (WiFi, IP, TCP/UDP);
5. Knowledge of Bluetooth technology, both classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth low energy.
6. Good knowledge of smartphone accessory technology.
- A strong electronic design and qualification experience, especially in the following areas, will be considered a major asset:
- electronics for the automotive environment
- communication technologies: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi.
- serial interfaces: UART, SPI I2C
- Knowledge of video encoding technologies (MJPEG, H.264/H.265);
- Knowledge of Andorid or IOS app development.
- Knowledge of revision control system.
- experience of setting up the environment to build open source project.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.