Description Do you get things done? If yes, read on.
We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented person to help manage office administration and lead bookkeeping for our three office locations, assist in putting together proposals, help with business development and support the Studio Manager and Principal Partner at the firm. We also need someone with a keen eye and attention to detail to help review standard contracts.
Since we’re an architecture studio there may also be opportunities to work directly with the design team on some fun projects. This role is constantly changing and evolving depending on what projects we’re working on and what’s up on our agenda.
We are a progressive architecture firm with offices in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. We all work hard on really exciting residential and commercial projects. Things happen fast and change all the time, luckily we’ve got a great team that works well together to get things done!
This role would be in our Ottawa office.
- Lead the administrative duties in the Ottawa office
- Support administrative efforts/duties in Toronto & Montreal offices (working with team leads in both locations)
- Improve office efficiencies
- Gather receipts and general bookkeeping duties
- Assist the Studio Manager in managing human resources across projects as part of the Linebox “Draft” (weekly resource and project management system)
- Manage/maintain data integrity in Airtable
- General data entry in Airtable
- Maintain projects overview spreadsheets as a means to facilitate resource management
- Respond to incoming general inquiries via email and telephone
- Assist in the writing and general assembly of proposals, awards and publications
- General file storage and file storage system (Dropbox) maintenance
- Support all team members (purchasing samples/requesting samples, sending files for print, managing deliveries, assist with calendar organization)
- Managing office supply inventory and orders (ink, paper, cleaning supplies)
- Front-of-house: answer calls, greet guests, sign for deliveries
- Schedule regular team meetings
- Assist in the planning of team building and other company events/meetings
- Maintain sample library orderly and up-to-date
- Book travel and accommodation, secure best prices
- Assist the Marketing Manager in outreach, promotion, PR and conferences/events for Linebox
- Assist in reviewing standard contracts
Skills & Traits
- Personable, eager, ready-to-learn
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and in-person)
- Can work very well independently
- A seriously great attitude and willingness to learn supersedes experience in any particular area
- Bookkeeping is highly valued
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Photography
- Experience with Apple products
- Experience with Google Suite applications
- Interest in Architecture & Design
- French language an asset
- Experience with RFPs an asset
Thanks for your interest. However, you are not located in the right city for this job. The company is seeking a local candidate only.