Web Developer (6 months contract)
- Rate TBD
Ottawa, ON Canada
Gatineau, QC Canada (On-site)
- Duration 6 months - possible Full Time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required English 2020-01-10 Workhoppers Home Ottawa ONGatineau QC
We are looking for a skilled web developer. You will be responsible for frontend and backend development, including maintaining current website, working with project manager to develop new theme and plugins
To ensure your success, your knowledge of front-end programming, back-end programing based on PHP or Perl will server you well. Your skill with database programming will also serve you well. Website development workflow and WordPress or Drupal architecture is required. Multiple team development experience will be an asset.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
• Meeting with project manager to collect and discuss the requirement, design and functionality
• Develop the back-end functionality by PHP or Perl
• Develop the new web page, themes or plugins to provide the user friendly UI
• Design and implement the database
• Integrate the third part API into website to support specific functions such as payment management.
• Writing and complete the unit test
• Publish the new project into production environment
• Maintain the current website and trouble shooting
• Monitoring and tuning the website and database to increase performance
• Documenting the design and implementation
Web Developer Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer engineer or a similar field
• Knowledge in PHP, Perl or Python.
• Working experience in WordPress or Drupel
• Proficient in My SQL
• Fully understanding of website development workflow
• Knowledge of code versing tools including Git, SVN, CVS
• Experience working with web debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug
• Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
• Solid ability in both verbal and written.
• Good communication skills and independent judgment
• Dedicated team player
• Willing work in fast-paced environment
We are looking for someone to help speed up some current projects. Depending on needs and fit possibility of full time work.
Compensation: Please provide salary expectations
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.