- Rate TBD
- Location Houston, TX United States (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Bookkeeping
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Houston TX
Rapidly growing, Sugar Land-based CPA FIRM providing accounting, tax and bookkeeping services to individuals and small businesses.
· Currently has 1 Partner/Owner and 1 Manager CPA - and 7 professional services support staff, including 4 professionals (other than the Owner and Manager), 3 Business Development/Sales staff, and a part-time admin assistant.
· We enjoy a family friendly culture and provides a broad range of tax planning, consulting & compliance and bookkeeping services to individuals, corporations, and partnerships for private companies and high net worth individuals. The Firm is growing through referrals and focused business development with a focus on client development in the Sugar Land-Richmond-Rosenberg-Fulshear Area where the Owner and Manager both reside.
· With continued growth, the Firm needs a strong Senior Bookkeeper once Tax Season is finished and the Owner can see more clearly what work is still needed to be done by this Contractor if qualified and a good fit with the Firm’s culture.
The SENIOR BOOKKEEPERS duties are as follows:
· OVERALL - Duties include general ledger entries, bank reconciliation, credit card reconciliation, fixed asset purchases, and journal entries.
· ACCOUNTS PAYABLE - Receive and pay daily incoming bills, process checks for authorized signatures; Seek approval for fund transfers between accounts when necessary.
· CASH ACCOUNTING - Recording receipts & disbursements and performing cash reconciliations.
· FINANCIAL REPORTING - Preparing client financial statements.
· PAYROLL - Processing client payroll.
· INVESTMENTS - Recording monthly brokerage activity in client GLs.
· TAXES - Preparing both payroll and sales tax returns for various entity types. Federal Income Tax Preperation skills are desirable, but not required for this position.
-June 9, 2020