- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
We are looking for a senior structural engineer (P.Eng) to join us as we continue to grow in the Industrial and Infrastructure markets. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We’re as diverse as they come but we are all like-minded in our attitudes, staying active learners, staying positive in our work zones and striving to do exceptional work. We face challenges together and we win together. And together, we deliver world-class solutions that quietly transform the way the world thinks about access and maintenance.
We’re looking for someone who is a strong communicator, well-rounded in structural engineering fundamentals and can help the team devise a concept design following customer specifications and execute the structural engineering process through to production level drawings and beyond. That includes performing all structural, static, and connection detail calculations and ensuring manufacturability of structural components. This person will champion the structural aspects of our key projects while ensuring proper communications and coordination with other disciplines including stamping drawings. A strong demonstrable capability of designing connections, including bolted and welded connections are a must. Ideally, this person has experience working in cross-functional teams that include mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic/pneumatic engineering and integration, not to mention our internal manufacturing and manufacturing subcontractors. The challenge for this individual will be to meet all structural requirements while minimizing weight and integrating with other engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, etc).
Processes are fairly typical of construction/heavy manufacturing type industries wherein you will be moving through customer specifications to drawings to review and production. This may include authoring structural steel and aluminum design documents for submission to clients and government authorities as well as design delivery of solutions. As a senior engineer, you will be not only verifying structural adequacy to code and standards requirements and reviewing/approving shop drawings and production drawings related to structural components, you may periodically draft some of these design drawings. With your strong experience in custom engineered solutions, you’ll be working closely with Project Managers to ensure the project design is consistent with what was sold and the project stays on budget.
Periodically, you’ll be providing technical assistance to the sales and business development teams during the proposal and estimation phase to help us to minimize its risk exposures and ensure we deliver the best product at the best possible price. Of course, as a senior engineer, you’ll also be tasked with directing and mentoring junior engineers, technologists as well as student interns, providing technical support for our field installation works teams and subcontractors and supporting the ethical, technical and operational integrity of the group. A job description would not be complete without a catch all requirement that you perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Our engineering and projects teams are highly collaborative and moves fast on executing new projects and ideas. We try out new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute again… You will be a critical part in taking and the project/engineering team to the next level in this position.
· 10+ years of structural engineering experience, ideally in a custom engineering or industrial machine building background
· P.Eng designation (Ontario) required as you will be a stamping engineer
· Must have experience working with structural aluminum and steel; ideally experience includes design works with concrete structures
· Exceptional capability to timely optimize structures for weight, strength and specifications
· Bachelors degree, Masters degree and/or PhD in structural or civil engineering or other directly related engineering disciplines
· Superior communications skills in ENGLISH are a must
· Strong structural calculations and analysis following ANSI/AISC 360 and/or Canadian equivalents of steel and aluminum structural designs i.e. CSA-16, CSA S157, etc.
· Strong capability in determining steel and aluminum welding calculations and requirements (i.e. AWS D1.1/D1.2, CSA W47/59, etc)
· Able to complete hand calcs, including with Matchad
· Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, structural engineering software (i.e. STAAD.Pro) and MS Office products are a must.
· Experience in large machine design, infrastructure projects, manufacturing processes (like welding, machining, assembly), field experience in construction, installation or related work, are aware of building codes, structural codes
· Must be a team player
· Ideally an influencer through action
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to work overtime
We offer a competitive compensation package. You must be able to travel through North America without restrictions and have authorization (PR or citizen) to work in Canada without our support.
-June 15, 2020