Site Superintendent - Building Envelopment
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Technical support, Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of Building Envelop projects, including managing subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeded on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible to manage scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Ensure all persons on the construction site are using the required personal protective equipment properly and at all times.
- Ensure all employees are performing duties in compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Manage job site administration duties, such as reviewing/submitting employee time-sheets, and completing/maintaining daily logs.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project manager for resolution.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Conduct a pre-construction survey, noting on record of any existing damage or deficiencies with photos and notes.
- Opening the Job site at the beginning of the day and securing the job site at the end of the day.
- Anticipate any delays such as weather, labor shortages, and project budget cuts; be prepared to move ahead with a backup plan so as not to delay the progress of the project.
- Ensure to develop a positive working relationship with Building Envelop Consultants and the subcontractors and maintain a high level of client satisfaction ratio.
- Ensure all site staff and sub-trades’ conduct and appearance is professional and in accordance with Work Safe BC.
- Monitor and address all tenant complaints in a professional manner and follow the complaint management process on-site.
- Adhere to and accelerate project timelines and materials.
- Years of experience managing Building Envelope Projects
- Managing new Construction projects is an added asset
- Experience as Site Foreman/Assistant Site superintendents would be considered for this role
- Knowledge of Building Envelop practices and procedures
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Engages in regular, structured discussions with employees/subcontractors in order to encourage and improve individual employee/subcontractor performance, and attain organizational objectives.
- Endurance and ability to visit the entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Manages difficult or emotional site situations; Response promptly to client needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Competitive salary
- Salary increase based on performance
- Recognition programs
- Advanced technology tools
- Stable work-life balance
- Various fun activities, lunches, learning sessions, etc.
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- A positive and fun corporate culture, while maintaining accountability
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Career Development Programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Group Insurance Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Eye Vision Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Right Directions Employee Assistance Program
- Registered Retirement Savings Program
-June 16, 2020