Assistant Site Superintendent
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Technical support
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Mechanic and repair technologies
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
Our Assistant Site Superintendents play a key role in assisting the Site Superintendent in managing and executing our projects. Representation of New City Contracting is demonstrated through the role of Assistant Site Superintendent at each project. We look to our Assistant Site Superintendents to adhere to New City Contracting’s standard of customer satisfaction and field performance an Assistant Site Superintendent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the site superintendent Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work-related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, and trade employee staffing levels.
- Support the site superintendent Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Managing the site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Assist site superintendent in Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain the project schedule.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Managing the billing process as it relates to work-in-place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices, and subcontractor payment applications.
- Having complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, show drawings, schedules, labor agreements, and local codes.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Ensure daily completion of timesheets in HH2 Software.
- Keep a daily log of site activities in HH2 software.
- Maintain log of any First Aid situations.
- Support site superintendent to Coordinate and schedule sub-trades and sub-contractors.
- Degree or diploma in a related field
- Position-relevant bonding and certifications
- Two years of experience in a management role and four years of experience in a related industry
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to manage coordination efforts in construction projects with various parties, such as architects, project engineers, and landscaping installers
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Proven experience preparing and conducting post-implementation evaluations
- Ability to create realistic schedules to support the timely completion of construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Regular exposure to conditions including heat, humidity, and dust
- use of required personal protective equipment
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive salary
- Salary increase based on performance
- Recognition programs
- Advanced technology tools
- Stable work-life balance
- Various fun activities, lunches, learning sessions, etc.
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- A positive and fun corporate culture, while maintaining accountability
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Career Development Programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Group Insurance Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Eye Vision Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Right Directions Employee Assistance Program
- Registered Retirement Savings Program
-June 16, 2020