Personal Support Worker/ PSW Needed
- Rate $20 per hour
Kitchener, ON Canada
Hamilton, ON Canada
Toronto, ON Canada
Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Home Health Aide, Nurse, Nursing assistant
- Duration ongoing
- Education required Vocational training
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Kitchener ONHamilton ONToronto ONMississauga ON
We are recruiting for PSW's in the Hamilton, Ontario area. We offer competitive wages, benefits and long shifts. We strive for personalized quality care! We are looking for candidates who can work 8 or 12 hours if needed as well as possible live in caregivers.
Required Italian or Polish speaking PSW, MANDATORY.
Required Personal Support Worker certificate, MANDATORY
HOME HEALTH AIDE/PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
A paraprofessional person who is specifically trained, competent and performs assigned functions of personal care to the patient in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervisor of the registered nurse (RN).
1) Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
2) Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
3) Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
1) Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
2) Perform personal care and bath as ordered.
3) Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per Agency Policy.
4) Reports changes in the patient's condition and needs to the agency.
5) Preforms household services essential to health care in the home as assigned.
6) Ambulates and exercises the patient as assigned.
7) Performs simple procedures as an extension of the therapy services. (E.G. Range of motion (ROM) exercises as assigned)
8) Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as assigned.
9) Provides assistants in light housekeeping according to the careplan.
10) Assists in preparing food for the client.
11) Assisting client in personal hygiene.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
• Ability to participate in physical activity
• Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity
• Heavy lifting
• Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Please contact us if you're qualified and interested.
-July 29, 2020
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.