Program Supervisor/ Central area
- Rate TBD
- Location Los Angeles, CA United States (On-site)
- Type of project General support, Sales & Marketing, Specialized Help Business Development, Education / teaching , Organizing
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required High school graduate
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Education
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Los Angeles CA
NOW HIRING FOR PROGRAM SUPERVISOR IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
CENTRAL REGION: SILVERLAKE & ECHO PARK
Subject line: Central Program Supervisor
1. You must be 18 years of age or older
2. You must present your original HS diploma/GED/Official HS transcripts
3. An adult Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment within 60 days of your processing appointment
4. Your name on your original Social Security Card must match with your Driver's License or ID
5. You must have an unexpired Driver's License or Unexpired CA ID
A. Primary Function
- Supervises an enrichment or recreation program or programs on an out-of-school program school site and may monitor civic center activities in other school facilities.
B. Typical Duties
1. Supervises, organizes, schedules, promotes, conducts, and participates in enrichment and/or recreation activities for all age groups at an out-of-school program school site.
2. Maintains order on the playground, checking to see that District regulations are being observed.
3. Orders, issues, makes minor repairs to, and supervises the use of enrichment and recreation supplies and equipment.
4. Inspects grounds and equipment for safety and proper operation, and assures safe and appropriate use.
5. Participates in developing community interest in enrichment and/or recreation activities and resolves complaints by students, parents, and the public.
6. Administers first aid in case of minor injury.
7. May monitor civic center activities in school facilities.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
C. Distinguishing Characteristics
- An Out-of-School Program Supervisor directs the enrichment and/or recreation activities at an out-of-school program school site. Positions in this class are part-time (not more than 139 hours per pay period) and are in the Unclassified Service. Full-time positions are in the Classified Service.
- A Senior Out-of-School Program Supervisor directs the enrichment and/or recreation activities on a large out-of-school program school site where special community and disciplinary problems exist. Positions in this class are part-time (not more than 139 hours per pay period) and are in the Unclassified Service. Full-time positions are in the Classified Service.
- A Traveling Out-of-School Program Supervisor supervises the enrichment and/or recreation programs of educational complexes or elementary or secondary school playgrounds within a region.
- An Out-of-School Program Worker assists an Out-of-School Program Supervisor or Senior Out-of-School Program Supervisor in conducting enrichment and/or recreational activities at an out-of-school program school site.
- General supervision is received from a Traveling Out-of-School Program Supervisor. Supervision is exercised over Out-of-School Program Workers.
- Techniques of initiating, teaching, and conducting enrichment and recreation activities such as sports, games, handicrafts, dramatics, and music.
- Safety rules and regulations pertaining to enrichment and recreation equipment, supplies and activities.
- Proper maintenance and repair of enrichment and recreation equipment and supplies.
- Standard first-aid techniques.
2. Ability to
- Organize and effectively supervise out-of-school programs.
- Handle community and disciplinary problems with tact and exercise good judgment in emergency situations.
- Travel to other District sites and locations. Mobility to traverse all areas of the work site.
- Three months of experience in conducting enrichment and recreation activities.
4. Special Requirements
- A valid Red Cross First-Aid Certificate must be obtained within 90 days after employment begin
-July 9, 2020