Tax Accountant CPA - REMOTE
- Rate TBD
- Location Dallas, TX United States
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing Accountant, Communication, Management processes
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Dallas TX
We’re on a mission to empower cannabis companies through expert, industry-specific financial knowledge and management.
The Tax Accountant is a well-seasoned tax professional with in-depth technical and industry knowledge with an active CPA license to practice tax regulation and advisory in the United States. The Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting CPA clients with their financial and income tax statements. Their work includes preparing tax forms, advising on tax payments, identifying tax savings, and analyzing tax issues. This individual is responsible for advising clients, providing clear direction when requesting financial data, analyzing tax data submitted by clients, and filing and submitting tax returns. The Tax Accountant reports to the Tax Operational Manager. This position is a contractor, part-time and fully-remote.
1) Oversee accounting for all income taxes for clients including review and preparation of the consolidated income tax provision (annual and quarterly) and all related assumptions, analyses, journal entries, calculations, and footnote disclosures.
2) Prepare cash tax forecast for C-corporations and partnerships.
3) Prepare and review of the consolidated federal income tax return, state income tax returns, and estimated tax payments, including all related analyses and support for the following but not limited to 1040, 1120S, 1120, 1065, etc.
4) Manage tax-related expenses and oversee other tax operations including sales taxes, business licenses, and annual reports.
5) Support and defend transfer pricing strategy and uncertain tax positions, as applicable.
6) Conduct tax research and work on projects to minimize tax burden and reduce the clients’ effective tax rate and cash taxes when possible
7) Research and comply with local city municipalities and state cannabis regulations and respective taxes
8) Work with the VP of Content Marketing to create new content ideas
The Tax Accountant is expected to provide technical knowledge and fulfill all needs with regard to preparing and filing client income taxes for our clients in a professional, timely, and organized manner. The Tax Accountant should have effective communication skills to liaise with clients and provide guidance for our internal team. Finally, this individual needs to have strong organizational and time management skills to ensure all taxes are filed accurately and on time for each and every client.
-July 10, 2020