Bilingual Customer Service and Contract Adminisration Specialist
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance, Writing/Translation Customer service, Financial Services/ Insurance, Logistics, Sage Accounting, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required High school graduate
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Position: Bilingual Customer Service and Lease Contract Specialist
Reports to: Portfolio Administration AVP
Department: Portfolio Administration (Customer Experience and Collections)
Why Does This Job Exist: Job Summary and Scope of Impact?
This position is to provide outstanding customer service to the dealers and customers of the company and support the department in processing leasing and financing contracts administration.
The importance of timely and accurate response to dealer and customer inquires are essentially to Canada delivering a positive customer service experience in a highly competitive captive finance industry. Also, as a finance company, the integrity, completeness and accuracy of our contracts and how they are administered is critical. This role supports these functions.
What You’ll Do: Major Accountabilities
- Set up new contracts in the retail lease management system, posting adjustments, and payment applications.
- Respond to customer service inquiries regarding contract terms and accounting queries.
- Reconciliation of contract balances and differences including system generated entries to the general ledger and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Confirm and follow-up on expired customer insurance
- Review and assistance in PPSA waivers and discharges.
- Other accounting and general administrative responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Who You Are: Competencies, Experience, Training and Education?
- Leadership – You are expected to exercise initiative in this role as demonstrate leadership in working with other team members.
- Individual Contributor Competencies – Experience in leasing and leasing or contract laws in general would be an asset. You have great attention to details and understand financial transactions and related accounting. Experience in leasing and loan administration processes, systems and related accounting wold be preferred. You have strong communication skills and enjoy the customer service aspects of your responsibilities.
- Bilingual – You are fluent in English and Quebec French and are comfortable in writing and speaking.
- Experience – 2 or more years in equipment leasing with direct experience in customer service, portfolio administration and application of industry systems is preferred but not required. While you may not have direct leasing and equipment financing industry experience, you will at least have accounting knowledge and experience in a financial services industry.
- Education – Post secondary education with an accounting background is preferred but not required. What is required is an aptitude learn and advance your “on the job” knowledge and apply this knowledge in carrying out your responsibilities.
Benefits include extended health and plan and participation in a matched contribution RRSP.
For more information, please forward your resume to [email protected] and [email protected]
-July 13, 2020