- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health, Sales & Marketing, Specialized Help Communication, Psychology / Therapy, Tutor
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Masters
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Psychology
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
We are looking to contract forward-thinking Counsellors who can provide talk therapy for guys at our premises in Vancouver. Having previous experience in male Counselling, you should be comfortable in supporting a wide range of male-specific issues.
Our Counsellors will be:
· Focused on the client, actively engaging them.
· Good listeners and excellent communicators.
· Positive and open to doing things in new ways.
· Change facilitators.
· Self-aware; recognizing their own limitations and when a referral is required.
· Creative in steering clients to find out more about themselves, develop confidence and have their needs met.
· Committed to record-keeping and evaluation.
· Flexible in approach to working arrangements.
You will have a Master’s Degree and be certified with BCACC.
This role comes with great responsibilities. They include the following:
· To screen and assess clients appropriately so they may be supported, directed, or referred on as appropriate.
· To provide a structured talk therapy service, for adults [18+] with mild to moderate mental health problems.
· To consider a range of options for client that are ethically sound
· To organize and manage work and caseload.
· To maintain records to a high standard per the organizations' policies and be willing to provide for audit and evaluation.
· To work with others to design, develop and implement information about services available for referrers, service users, and others.
Education / Professional:
· To continue professional development by attending any required training as agreed with your manager.
· To abide by the professional and ethical code of conduct of BCACC.
· To maintain BCACC registration, insurance, and liability requirements.
· To maintain confidentiality and security of information gained
· To attend any appropriate meetings as required.
· Contribute to the monitoring, planning, and development of services.
· To take accountability for tracking hours and correctly invoicing Manifest.
· Minimum of 3 years of working with guys experiencing mild to moderate mental health problems, preferably in a community setting.
· Experience working with a structured model of talk therapy.
· Experience in successfully managing own caseload.
· Demonstrates a sound understanding of psychological therapies.
-July 21, 2020