Vice President of Sales and Operations
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help , Finance, Human Resource, Management Consulting, Real Estate, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
The Vice President of Sales and Operations is responsible for all aspects of Sales and Operations within the four separate Canadian facilities. Working with the President and CEO, the position is responsible for establishing objectives, formulating and implementing strategies, policies and programs, and contributing to the overall development and success of the Company.
- Optimize, implement and successfully manage warehouse production, sales departments, credit department, IT department, product sales and quality standards.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales, covering relevant areas of operation.
- Analyze and implement process flow improvements, to include capabilities for growth.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for all departments to assure that efficiencies, safety and best practices are maximized.
- Manage the employment and training for all departments.
- Develop and oversee implementation and administration of department policies, systems, and procedures.
- Determines optimum staffing model for the departments.
- Manage and control departmental expenditures within agreed budgets.
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff.
- Manage commercial real estate contracts for all locations.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development for all departments.
- Liaise with all functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Several years’ experience in management of large multi-warehouse, distribution and call centre environments
- Experience with Cross Dock Receiving and Quality Control of wearable goods
- Experience in teaching proactive sales techniques, resulting in proven increased sales
- Human Resources experience including experience with hiring and terminations
- Experience in managing multimillion dollar inventories
- Proven ability to increase company sales while also increasing overall company margins
- Real Estate experience – proven ability to successfully negotiate current and future commercial leases
- Experience and proven ability to negotiate and handle corporate logistical contracts
- Experience in moving large distribution centres to new locations
- Proven ability to maintain efficient, cost effective staffing levels in all departments managed
- Proven ability to effectively decrease business expenses company wide
- Experience contributing successfully to company Marketing needs
- Ability to contribute to sales forecasting and forecasting stock levels of wearable goods
- Managed directly or indirectly staff levels of 50+ employees
- Extremely strong communication (written and oral) skills are required
- Excellent computer and systems skills
- Experience with, including training of, mainframe database computer systems
- Good working knowledge and experience with large integrated sales, distribution and inventory systems
- Results oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Exhibit great attention to detail and highly organized while maintaining a large workload
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and working well under pressure
- Bachelors Degree from accredited University and/or College in business administration or a related discipline
- Leadership / Management courses completed a plus
Salary and Benefits Package:
- Competitive comprehensive benefits package including Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, RRSP Savings Plan
- Annual bonus package based on Company performance
-July 23, 2020