Senior Project Manager Infrastructure
- Rate TBD
- Location Vaughan, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Cost Reduction, Engineering, Risk Management, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vaughan ON
The Sr. Project Manager will report directly to the Area Vice-President of Infrastructure and will support the business specifically in cross-divisional projects.
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with regulations and conformity with contract documents.
- Implement and execute strategic construction plans to prevent problems, and resolve emerging issues.
- Coordinate subcontractors and construction teams to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Prepare external and internal reports in relation to project schedules, daily progress, cost analysis and deliverables.
- Review projects on a daily basis to ensure GFL quality standard, and estimates remain within budget.
- Manage construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed clients requirements
- Work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process from hiring subcontractors to working with engineers, and clients.
- Prepare and oversee the project budgets, project financial accountability, contract, schedule management, safety, quality controls and assurances
- Work with Clients, Stakeholders and Senior Leaders and acquire and direct the necessary resources for project teams
- Develop detailed project schedules and identify major milestones for successful completion of the projects
- Obtain budget level cost estimates for all aspects of the project and prepare the overall project budget
- Assess potential risks and propose risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure and assign internal resource availability and allocation
- Resolve conflicts to deliver project objectives
- Manage changes to project scope, timing, and/or budgets
- Maintain comprehensive documents in relation to each project
- Chair meeting with Client, Stakeholders and Senior Management to provide status updates
- Assign, direct, and review work undertaken by staff to ensure that projects and submittals are completed to a high degree of accuracy
- 10+ years of Construction related experience;
- Experience in Large Infrastructure Projects, particular field of experiences in Heavy Civil, Shoring, Excavation, Demolition would be an asset.
- Results driven, able to build strong internal and external partnerships;
- A history of attracting, mentoring and developing talent;
- Advanced understanding of Quality, H&S legislation, standards, and guidelines;
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal, listen and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Strong understanding of commercial contracts
- Experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated successful completion of construction projects valued at $50M+
- Ability to act with business integrity
-July 23, 2020