Senior Graphic Designer-Remote Eligible
- Rate TBD
- Location Atlanta, GA United States (From home)
- Type of project Designing & Media, Writing/Translation Advertising, Blogging/writing, Graphic design, Translation: English
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Area of Specialization Communication and journalism
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Atlanta GA
We are currently seeking a polished Senior Graphic Designer to join our creative team. This is a full-time permanent position with our agency located in Mishawaka, IN and is 100% remote eligible. A Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for understanding the marketing challenges facing clients and finding solutions by working in a team environment to develop strong visual concepts.
You should be a creative thinker with a logical mind ready to tackle challenges in advertising for the modern consumer. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with other creatives, project managers, account executives, and strategists. Working for a variety of clients, you will need to concept and design for a broad mix of projects for consumer goods, from coffee, to appliances, to bank cards.
What you will do, in greater detail:
- Design studio materials, according to strategic plans provided by creative director, studio manager, or account executive
- Ensure that projects are functional, readable, graphically exciting and conform to the client’s brand standards
- Meet as necessary with studio team members to ensure coordination between studio marketing efforts
- Work with Studio Managers, and Creative Directors in selection of project materials, vendors, models, freelancers, broadcast talent, and any and all outside sources/purchases needed to fulfill production of each project the Senior Studio Artist designs.
- Meet assigned deadlines. Alerts Studio Managers or Creative Directors if in rare instances a deadline is not going to be met or if an extension of the deadline is required
- Works with production personnel, providing complete input and specs, and any instruction and supervision required to smoothly complete production of approved design.
- Review all production materials on assigned projects, and sign off prior to forwarding job to traffic manager for further required approvals, outside production.
- Participate in the development of copy/headlines as requested.
- Art direct photography sessions, press-proofs, etc., and supervise freelancers assigned to the Senior Graphic Designer’s projects as requested by Studio Manager or Creative Director
What we’d like to see in a strong candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Art, or relevant field; MFA/MA is preferred and highly valued
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a graphics-related environment, as demonstrated by a strong design portfolio
- Understanding of the advertising industry as it relates to creative executions, including but not limited to:
- Advanced experience with a wide array of Mac-based graphic programs, multimedia and presentation software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, MSWord, PowerPoint and Excel
- Exceptional understanding of design principles (typography, imagery, color, layout, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of design integration for various types of print processes (Offset, digital, spot color usage, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of user interface design principles and information architecture
- Skilled designer with the ability to think outside the box and see the big picture for the joint success as a team
- Ability to source imagery for projects (stock photography, illustrations, icons, etc.)
- Ability to think strategically as well as creatively
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing project parameters and diverse project assignments
- Participate in project input sessions, brainstorming sessions and client meetings as required by the studio team, account staff, and creative directors
- Strong understanding of production quality controls (proofing, post-checking, etc.)
- Ability to establish visual direction
- Strong reasoning, attention, and memory skills
- Assertive and self-confident, but also conscientious and patient
- Motivated and goal-oriented
- Team player and cooperative
- Relaxed with high stress tolerance
What's in it for you? Lots of good stuff! We offer a very competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, our employees are given bonus opportunities, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, health, vision, dental, life and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with a 3% "safe harbor" employer contribution (no employee contribution required), HSA annual company contribution, and profit sharing.
-July 23, 2020