Contract Immigration/Criminal Attorney
- Rate TBD
- Location Atlanta, GA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Legal services
- Duration contract part time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Legal
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Atlanta GA
Here we Grow Again! We are preparing for 2020 and looking for the right person to appear at multiple immigration and criminal court hearings that are scheduled for the year.
- Must be licensed in Georgia
- Attorney must be comfortable in a court room setting
- Experience defending clients in both immigration deportation proceedings and criminal court proceedings (primarily for traffic offenses) in Georgia. If right candidate only has experience in one area, willing to consider training for the right candidate in the area where experience is lacking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic court room etiquette for both immigration and criminal cases
- Knowledgeable about immigration processes and forms of relief available to immigration clients
- Timely and reliable
- Ability to use multiple forms of communication to include: Google Chat, email, text and phone
- Willingness to learn
- Possible Temp to Perm depending on availability of work
- Paid per court appearance flat rate
- 3 References to be sent with information below
Please do not respond with typical resume, please respond to these particular questions:
1. Number of court appearances (Master Calendar and Individual Hearings) you have appeared for deportation proceedings before an immigration judge
2. Number of court appearance you have appeared in Georgia State Court for criminal defendant's
3. Number of court appearance you have appeared in City/Municipal courts for criminal defendant's
4. Which Immigration courts have you appeared in?
5. Counties that you have appeared in State Court for criminal defendant's?
6. Have you ever worked as a Prosecutor/Solicitor for the State of Georgia or any other State in the USA? If yes, in what County/Counties?
7. If you have worked as a Prosecutor/Solicitor, how long did you work in this position?
8. Have you ever worked for the Office of Chief Counsel? If yes, where?
9. If you have worked in the Office of Chief Counsel, how long did you work in this position?
10. Have you worked with individuals from other countries?
11. If yes, an estimated number of individuals you have represented in court from other countries?
12. Have you appeared in court on behalf of another attorney?
13. Have you ever filed an E-28 with immigration court?
14. Have you ever had any disciplinary action from the Immigration Court or any State Bar in the United States?
15. Have you ever missed a deadline to file certain documents with immigration or criminal court?
-July 30, 2020