Sr. Electronic Security Technician
- Rate TBD
- Location Washington, DC United States (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Security systems, Technical support
- Duration part time ongoing
- Education required High school graduate
- Years of experience more than 5
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Washington DC
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sr. Electronic Security Technician to join the Team.
Perform corrective maintenance on security equipment at customer facilities in the technician's area.
The equipment addressed includes CCTV, access control, surveillance, intrusion alarm, integrated security system, recording video, security intercom, and access video, metal detectors; and security barrier arms and gates.
- Ability to follow technical guidance such as circuitry; repair or replace equipment; troubleshoot complex security systems; assess and resolve security system problems; configure computers.
- Perform in-depth technical functions required to maintain and repair security equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and replace components and wiring circuits, repair electronic equipment, and take readings using instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner.
Number of Years' Experience Required:
- Minimum of Eight (8) years experience in maintenance, repairing, trouble shooting, or installation of security equipment is required.
- Two additional years of specialized experience with the specific security systems, i.e., card readers, cameras, monitors, access control systems, etc. (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) experience is not acceptable as specialized experience).
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Associate's degree in technical related field.
Technical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of advanced electrical principles as they pertain to security systems.
- Security Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Intrustion Alarm, Integrated Security System, Recording Video.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for 3 or more years
- Knowledge of OSHA general safety standards and the proper care and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to lift large and heavy objects, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and crawl to reach remote areas.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding and work at heights.
- Must be able to frequently bend, sit, and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel required.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. including some weekend work, depending on customer commitments.
- The ability to work independently in a stand-alone function and to prepare all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Good communication skills and follow through required.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
-August 5, 2020