- Rate TBD
- Location Phoenix, AZ United States (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, General support Bookkeeping, Organizing, Quickbooks, Sage Accounting
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Phoenix AZ
Position Description: The Bookkeeper is responsible for overseeing day-to-day accounting activities, including those associated with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Additionally, they will assist the CEO with cash flow planning and in closing accounting periods. They will work with vendors, customers and personnel to ensure accounting-related items are addressed in a timely manner. Candidate must be proficient with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities and be proficient with Quickbooks accounting software.
- Ensure all A/R responsibilities are being managed and completed in a timely manner
- Manage all Accounts Payable activities, including:
- Receive and process vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related invoices.
- Charge expenses to proper accounts and cost centers.
- Suggest vendor payment schedule and, upon approval from CEO, issue payments.
- Resolve purchase order, pricing, invoice or payment discrepancies with vendors; insure credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Prepare and present daily and/or weekly payables reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by following Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical records by scanning and/or filing documents.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Oversee Job Material Allocation process and enter Job Material General Journal Entry in QuickBooks.
- Over see the preparation of weekly payroll, time sheets, garnishments, employee reimbursements, etc.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of payroll taxes, quarterly and annual federal and state payroll report.
- Backup support for receiving and processing Customer Credit Card Payments.
- Period-closing tasks as assigned, including: Bank Statement Reconciliation
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ years of work experience in similar position with similar responsibilities and a proven track record
- Hands on, self-starting, individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time with minimal oversight and management
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills with a high level attention to detail
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Successful in dealing with vendor/customer and company personnel at all levels
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software mandatory
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word) mandatory
-August 10, 2020