- Rate TBD
- Location New York, NY United States (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Designing & Media, IT & Software, Sales & Marketing Communication, CRM, Graphic design, HTML, Management processes, Social Media, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract full time (35 hr/wk min) hours
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Communication and journalism
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home New York NY
Our company is seeking a talented and enterprising Communications Manager to develop an annual communications calendar, support outreach and marketing, manage social media (owned and earned), and help raise the organization’s visibility to drive impact. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our mission and believes in the power of effective and inspiring communication to bring others to our work.
This position will be based in the New York City office. The office will be moving from lower Manhattan to Mott Haven in the Bronx in early 2020. This position will be an integral part of a small and hardworking team. The role is focused on raising awareness of TSC’s programs among current supporters, growing the network of future supporters, and building an effective communication program to help meet the our’s strategic goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: COMMUNICATIONS (90%)
● Planning: In collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors Communications Committee, execute an annual communications and marketing strategy to increase awareness, reach, and support for our programs with a focus on telling the stories of our participants and partners.
● Writing: Plan, write, design, and produce all digital and mail communications, including monthly newsletters, event invitations, public reports and outreach materials.
● Digital Communications:
o Website: Manage regular website updates using Wordpress, including program photography, staff updates, program descriptions and supporters; manage online ticketing and donation/volunteer forms. Manage effective metrics and reporting tools via Google Analytics ▪ Manage completion of effective website refresh currently underway
o Social Media: Gather collateral, edit, and write content for TSC’s social media platforms, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIN; ▪ Analyze metrics to ensure quarterly growth
o Content Creation: Manage the design of video, audio and print collateral for ongoing communications: ▪ monthly newsletters (MailChimp) ▪ blog posts; 3-4x month ▪ daily social media posts: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat ▪ video and written content for fundraising events ▪ ongoing engagement in thought leadership communications
o Video Production: Project manage all video production; writing and releasing RFP, interviewing and hiring videographer; ▪ In collaboration with Executive Director and Director of Development, produce videos and publish on appropriate digital channels
o Digital Archive: Personally photograph, as well as hire and schedule ongoing photography of programs (NYC and Columbia County); manage and organize photographs, video, and artwork on shared drive for accessibility by all staff.
● Email Database: Maintain updated and organized email lists within email server for all communications sent, analyze email metrics to ensure quarterly growth for this marketing channel
● Press: Proactively solicit press for the organization. Write press releases, media advisories, field and direct press inquiries as needed; collaborate with partners to create successful coverage of events and newsworthy stories; organize and document press coverage; and keep press kits and files current.
o Draft and pitch op-eds, short articles and talking points for staff and board o Develop new and creative ways to get our message out
INTERNAL SUPPORT (10%)
● Manage part-time staff and interns: o Hire and manage part-time communications interns
● Organize and maintain all internal files related to communications in a timely and easily accessible fashion
● Assist with development efforts as needed, preparing fundraising and board meeting materials as needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● 3+ years of experience in nonprofit communications and development
● Undergraduate degree, preferred
● Excellent writing and communication skills, and attention to detail
● Experience using CRM databases to enhance donor engagement
● Excellent ability to consistently meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and turn around assignments quickly without compromising quality
● Experience with creating production calendars, setting goals and deadlines, and keeping a team on schedule to meet deadlines
● Excellent computer and research skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mac OS, social network platforms, Google office and Salesforce
● Must be able to work a few evenings and weekends as necessary (4-6 times per year)
● Experience with Wordpress, Classy, Salesforce, MailChimp, Adobe Suite, and HTML
● A strong interest in nutrition, culinary education, and youth development
-August 17, 2020