- Rate TBD
- Location Seattle, WA United States
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, IT & Software, Sales & Marketing, Specialized Help Accountant, Communication, Engineering, Project Management, System Engineer
- Duration Full Time - Part Time flexible ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Seattle WA
Here’s the Deal:
Looking to become part of a team of hungry, humble and (people) smart IT professionals? Excellent! We have a great opportunity available right now for an individual with the right technical expertise, personal drive and people skills to help our clients create secure and successful technology platforms.
If these words resonate with you, you may be the person we are looking for.
In this position, you will be responsible for acting as the first line of technical support for our customers. Under limited supervision, you will assist in the planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting of desktops, servers, and networks ranging from basic to complex. You will respond to customer tickets and document troubleshooting steps. This frequently means handling those tickets from creation to completion. You will also visit customers sites, resolving issues and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of customers and personalities.
Note: During COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place we are working remotely the majority of the time; we only go to client sites if necessary (i.e. install equipment, etc...)
IT Engineering – Troubleshooting, analysis, escalation and proactive communication, both remote and in the field.
Project Management – All engineers are given projects to manage based on their skill level and interests, and trained in our methodology.
Subject Matter Expertise (SME) – Our engineers follow their interests in specialization. Each team member has one or more subject matter expertise (SME) responsibilities. Whether it is building out our private cloud BDR solution or implementing a SIEM – we strive to match you with your area of interest to help build and maintain our technology standards.
Account Management – Depending on their level of expertise, our engineers will have client-facing responsibilities and must be able to maintain client relationships. We mentor you to learn our standard of strategic road mapping and project level consulting.
What We Look For:
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and adapt in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently in a collaborative, team setting
· High level of confidence – low level of ego
· Eagerness to learn new technologies and build professional skills
· Excellent people skills; the ability to show empathy and be a good listener
· Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge and Expertise:
Three to five years of IT network administration and support experience
· Understanding of the principles, methods and techniques used in IT administration and support
· Solid understanding of LANs, VLANs, VPNs, and firewalls
· Experience with Windows server operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy
· Strong grasp of desktop operating systems, printers and applications
· Must be able to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship and be able to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screening
Technical Certifications / Ongoing Training:
A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, Microsoft, CEH, Security+, Project+, ITIL, Project+, Azure, AWS
We are looking for candidates who possess an AA, BA or BS degree, and/or is in the process of completing college. Specialization in computer science or equivalent is preferred.
Our solution stack includes the following cutting-edge technologies:
· MS Office 365
· Windows 8 / 10 / Server 2016 / 2019
· MS Azure
· IT Glue
Note: Please include your related experience with each of these solutions
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation and benefits program that includes:
· Monthly bonus plan
· Regular performance reviews
· Medical, dental and vision coverage
· 401(k) with employer match
· Three weeks of paid time off earned in the first year
· Nine paid holidays
· Cell phone reimbursement
· Reimbursement for initial certification exams/materials
· Employee tuition assistant program
· Free parking
-August 26, 2020