Speech Language Pathologist
- Rate $ $70.00 to $75.00 /hour per hour
- Location New York, NY United States
- Type of project Health Speech Pathologist
- Duration Full Time - Part Time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Medical and repair technologies
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home New York NY
- URGENT MANDATES IN BROOKLYN AND THE BRONX for the Department of Education
- INTERVIEW AS EARLY AS TODAY
Our Therapeutic Services is seeking a Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) interested in providing school-based speech therapy services to students being served by NYC DOE public/charter schools located in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Responsibilities of the Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - School Setting
- The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - School Setting will work with students exhibiting the full range of communication disorders, including those involving language, articulation (speech sound disorders), fluency, voice/resonance, and swallowing.
- Assessment of each student's disabilities having an impact on the education of students; then plan to address personal, social/emotional, academic, and vocational needs that have an impact on the attainment of each student's individual educational goals.
- Contribute to the literacy achievement of students with communication disorders, including students who are at risk for school failure, or those who may struggle in the school setting.
- Supporting the needs of students with significant challenges, such as by helping to determine methods for alternate educational assessment and learning.
- Helping to identify long-term goals for appropriate post-school outcomes.
- Helping to plan relevant instructional activities for ongoing implementation in the classroom.
Requirements of the Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - School Setting
- The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - School Setting must have completed an approved curriculum and hold a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, and registered/licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist to work in New York state.
- Must have TSSLD/TSHH.***
- Must enjoy working with children, and passionate to provide services to children with special needs.
- Must be an energetic, motivated, and organized healthcare professional.
- A team player, eager to collaborate and coordinate with parents, school personnel, and an interdisciplinary team in order to support each student's needs and the achievement of their respective goals.
We offer qualified Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) the following:
- Coaching/Mentoring program for new graduates or Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) looking to transition to the school setting.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Variety of school types (public and charter) and school locations, where we hold primary status.
- Competitive compensation rates and benefits
-September 2, 2020