- Rate TBD
- Location New York, NY United States (From home)
- Type of project Health Occupational / Physical Therapy
- Duration Full Time - Part Time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Medical and repair technologies
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home New York NY
- URGENT MANDATES IN (Brooklyn, The Bronx, and Manhattan) for the Department of Education
- INTERVIEW AS EARLY AS TODAY
Our Therapeutic Services serves as one of the primary contracted holders for Therapists in the Department of Education.
- The Occupational Therapist (OT) - School Setting will conduct activity and environmental analysis and will make recommendations to improve the fit for greater access, progress, and participation.
- Reducing barriers that limit student participation within the school environment.
- Providing assistive technology to support student success.
- Supporting the needs of students with significant challenges, such as by helping to determine methods for alternate educational assessment and learning.
- Helping to identify long-term goals for appropriate post-school outcomes.
- Helping to plan relevant instructional activities for ongoing implementation in the classroom
- Must have graduated from an accredited Occupational Therapist college or university
- Must have a valid up-to-date professional license and registration for the state of NY
- A team player, eager to collaborate and coordinate with parents.
- Student’s needs and the achievement of their respective IEP goals.
- The OT must be able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant clinical services.
- Input document in SESIS (DOE) EMR system.
- Must complete NYC/DOE fingerprinting
We offer qualified Occupational Therapists (OT) the following:
- Coaching/Mentoring program for new graduates or Occupational Therapists (OT) looking to transition to the school setting.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Variety of school types (public and charter) and school locations, where we hold primary status.
- Competitive compensation rates- 1099 as an Independent Contractor
-September 2, 2020