Physical Therapist - DOE
- Rate $ $70.00 - $75.00 per hour per hour
- Location New York, NY United States (From home)
- Type of project General support, Health Occupational / Physical Therapy, Organizing
- Duration Full Time - Part Time Flexible Contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Area of Specialization Medical and repair technologies
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home New York NY
- Physical Therapist and Must be licensed in the State of New York
- URGENT MANDATES IN (BROOKLYN, NY and all surrounding cities) for the Department of Education
- INTERVIEW AS EARLY AS TODAY
Our Therapeutic Services is seeking Physical Therapists (PT) interested to provide school-based occupational therapy services to students being served by NYC DOE public/charter schools located in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Responsibilities of the Physical Therapist (PT) - School Setting
- The Physical Therapist (PT) - School Setting will conduct activity and environmental analysis and will make recommendations to improve the fit for greater access, progress, and participation.
- Reducing barriers that limit student participation within the school environment.
- Providing assistive technology to support student success.
- Supporting the needs of students with significant challenges, such as by helping to determine methods for alternate educational assessment and learning.
- Helping to identify long-term goals for appropriate post-school outcomes.
- Helping to plan relevant instructional activities for ongoing implementation in the classroom.
Requirements of the Physical Therapist (PT) - School Setting
· Completion of an approved curriculum in a Baccalaureate or Master’s program in Physical Therapy, and registered/licensed as a Physical Therapist to work in New York state.
· Enjoy working with children, and passionate to provide services to children with special needs.
· Be energetic, motivated, and organized healthcare professional.
· A team player, eager to collaborate and coordinate with parents, school personnel, and an interdisciplinary team in order to support each student's needs and the achievement of their respective IEP goals.
· Must be able to work with autistic and special needs populations to provide care, mentorship, and support.
· Demonstrate knowledge of relevant clinical services.
· Experience in SESIS (DOE) EMR system.
· NYC/DOE fingerprinted/willing to be printed
We offer qualified Physical Therapists (PT) the following:
· Coaching/Mentoring program for new graduates or Physical Therapists (PT) looking to transition to the school setting.
· Flexible work schedules.
· Variety of school types (public and charter) and school locations, where we hold primary status.
· Competitive compensation rates- 1099 as an Independent Contractor.
-September 4, 2020