Video Editor (After Effects Required)
- Rate TBD
- Location Los Angeles, CA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media, General support, IT & Software, Specialized Help, Writing/Translation 3D Modeling / AutoCad, Adobe Photoshop, Editing, Engineering, Organizing, Video production, YouTube
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Mechanic and repair technologies
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Los Angeles CA
Video Editor / Editorial Director
This is a freelance position with the goal of developing into a full-time job if it’s a good fit. LA-based preferred but remote OK.
We’re looking for a multi-faceted editor with strong Premiere -> After Effects roundtrip workflow skills to own the post production process for one of our weekly shows. An ability to understand complex mechanical concepts and distill into easily digestible visuals is essential.
Editing and motion graphics are the primary role of this position. Experience editing with motion graphics in mind AND creating a large percentage of those motion graphics is essential (need to know AE beyond just using templates).
Job entails working with writers, Assistant Editors, Illustrators, and additional Motion Graphics artists when necessary, but is ultimately responsible for taking project to final edit. Position requires a high degree of autonomy, but also provides a large amount of creative freedom and opportunities for growth & pliability within the organization.
- Collaborate with writing staff to ensure cohesion between script & visual plan.
- Work with Creative Director to concept & develop visual language.
- Editing and working with assistant editors.
- Research to develop creative vision/plan that meets the needs of the episode.
- Communicate needs with illustrators & gather/illustrate assets when necessary.
- Animate effective & clear motion graphics.
- Final polish of video color/sound, and delivery in timely fashion.
- Monitor fan engagement & reception, and cater subsequent content accordingly.
- Fast & Organized
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical/Engineering-minded - understanding cars isn’t a strict requirement, but this person should be mechanically inclined and be able to figure out how things work.
- Experience working in Youtube/Digital Video - a strong understanding of what is prioritized and forgiven on the platform. Clarity, pacing, and humor supersede production value.
- Pop Culture Awareness - understand pop culture trends and how to reference them appropriately.
- After Effects
- 3D Skills a plus
-September 7, 2020