- Rate TBD
- Location Pittsburgh, PA United States (On-site)
- Type of project IT & Software Computer Network Technician, Linux, Network & System adm.
- Duration Part Time ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Pittsburgh PA
Our Wireless Company is looking for an on-call networking and Linux administrator to perform installation and maintenance of wireless networking equipment (Ubiquiti UniFi and Edge lines), Cat5e cable, and security cameras along their Linux-based DVR's (Zoneminder). We are looking to hire immediately. No certifications are required for this position. The position requires alternating between high physical demands and technical skills throughout each project.
Comfort with Linux environments and networking is essential. Expert level network administration and system administration is not required but the ability and willingness to learn and implement novel solutions is essential.
Ability to drive work vehicle to and from job sites is required.
Ability to work independently using critical thinking and creative problem solving is a must.
Must have some experience running cable in a non-data center environment. We are not looking for someone who only wishes to run cable in drop ceilings! Those with electrician experience are preferred.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be comfortable working at heights and on ladders.
Key elements to position:
· Critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem solving skills
· Keep management up-to-date on incidents and events in the enterprise.
· Excellent communications and listening skills
· Professional demeanor and attitude while being assertive
· Be the advocate for end-user experience.
· Able to deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment. Multiple priorities/tasks. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
· Above all else be able to solve problems, both physical and technical with minimal oversight and be able to communicate these solutions to management through documentation and communication.
-September 8, 2020