Interactive Email Marketing Designer
- Rate TBD
- Location Los Angeles, CA United States
- Type of project Designing & Media, Sales & Marketing Adobe Photoshop, Digital Marketing, Email Marketing, Photography, Presentation Design, Product Design, Video production
- Duration freelance ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Visual and Performing arts
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Los Angeles CA
Well known Jewelry / Beauty brand is seeking a freelance Digital Designer to join their growing creative team!
This Celeb Designed Jewelry brand has hundreds of celebrity clients, sold by top retailers like Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and direct to consumer via website. Many times on Oprah’s Favorite lists.
The Digital Designer will be supplementing the in-house designer and focusing mainly on email campaigns. Other duties include line sheets, look books, catalogs, display ads, and general misc. campaigns - specifically building content in Photoshop, slicing and uploading/ rebuilding the content on the Klaviyo email marketing platform.
- Email Design - design on-brand emails for the company, using skills in typography, photo layout, color palette, and artwork, as well as prepare emails for deploy via slicing. see sample email on bottom
- Designer will be tasked with compiling messaging, intent, copy and gathering digital assets from servers and creating modern, eye catching, interactive, sometimes animated, click-baity emails.
- Email Building - Ability to build and QA multiple email campaigns per week across all current markets, including slicing, resizing and building templates directly into Klayvio email builder (knowledge of HTML/CSS not necessary but a plus. You'll need to understand how the design translates into an effective email campaign and have or be able to develop proficiency in commonly used email marketing platforms as well as CMS/backend standard email templates.
- Asset and Image management
- Contribute creative ideas for projects
- The designer will work closely with the creative and marketing teams.
- Designer may work alone or collaborate with another in-house designer.
- Must be a self-starter, hardworking, multi-tasking digital wonder.
- Excellent in Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Strong knowledge of typographic hierarchy, layout, alignment, and composition.
- Mastery of technical spacing including: kerning, tracking, leading.
- Knowledge of trending typefaces, type-mixing and pairing.
- Strong sense of layout - balance, flow, composition, and white space.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop techniques, tools, and shortcuts.
- Knowledge of best web and mobile practices including file specs, appropriate sizing, and slicing.
- Understanding of how to navigate back-end of CMS system in use - currently Shopify.
- Must be self-motivated with sharp attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Arts, Design, Marketing
- Strong photography and video skills a plus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Currently remote due to Covid-19.
Upon return to the office it will be an open office setup.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
No travel is expected for this position.
-September 9, 2020