- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada
- Type of project General support, Sales & Marketing, Writing/Translation Business Development, Communication, Fundraising/non profit, Organizing, Retail Sales, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Fundraising Coordinator
What Success Looks Like
- Our funding partners feel confident supporting us. They look forward to working with us and trust us with their investment in Canada’s digital future.
- We maximize existing programs and create new and innovative ways for organizations and individuals to give generously and support our work
- We surprise and delight partners by sharing frequent impact reports and magic moments from our network.
- Funding deliverables are met and exceeded through close cross-functional internal collaboration and communication.
- Successfully prospect, solicit and on-board partners at the $25,000 and under level and work closely with the Director of Fund Development to secure partners at the $25,000 and over level
- Develop tailored proposals and grant applications that resonate with potential funding partners and reflect our strategic priorities.
- Support the development of our prospect pipeline through researching, identifying and qualifying potential corporate, individual, foundation and government funders.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to ensure our partners have a fantastic end to end giving experience and all funding deliverables are met.
- Respond to prospect and donor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Contribute to data-driven decision making by tracking all activity in Salesforce.
- Draft quarterly and annual impact reports for partners and work cross-functionally to gather key metrics, stories, etc.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to surprise and delight our partners, through learning about their key interests and priorities and finding ways to share “magic moments” and engage them in initiatives.
- Coordinate check-in calls with key partners, including preparing meeting agendas, meeting briefs and recording meeting minutes.
- Work with Program Design and Program Delivery teams to ensure partner deliverables are incorporated into program execution and identifying new funding opportunities and areas for engagement.
- Coordinate and execute sponsor recognition and engagement events including corporate volunteer days; speaking events; etc.
- Attend all events, sponsor events and networking events as a representative of the company Fundraising Team as required (requires flexibility to travel and work evenings/ weekends when necessary).
- Prepare thank you notes, tax receipts and related partner correspondence including handling all shipping.
- Brainstorm and develop new ways of recognizing sponsors on ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to four years of fundraising or related work experience (sales, business development, grant writing)
- Post-secondary education in marketing, fundraising, communications or combination of education and related experience
- Exceptional relationship building skills, with comfort communicating in writing, video call, and in person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills Demonstrated proposal development and project management skills
- Experience successfully prospecting and securing support at the $25,000 level
- Experience working in non-profit organizations preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce preferred
- Experience working with community volunteers an asset
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
Work Hours and Environment Due to Covid-19 this role will work completely remotely until at least January 2021. Our team will return our HQ office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)! We have an open concept workspace, meeting rooms and a kitchen plus lunch room!
This role may require some evening and weekend work.
This role reports to our Director of Fund Development.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Our company is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked to attend weekend and evening programming
- Extra time off (usually one week) during downtime in December
- A professional development budget
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave top-up benefit
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
-August 31, 2020