Site Superintendent - Vancouver
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Management processes, Organizational Structure, Strategy and Planning, Technical support
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
The Site Superintendent, under the direction of the President-Production, will primarily be responsible to ensure all persons on the construction site are using the required personal protective equipment properly and at all times. This position will ensure all employees are performing duties in compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery. This role will also manage job site administration duties, such as reviewing/submitting employee time-sheets and completing/maintaining daily logs. The Site Superintendent must possess a degree or diploma in a related field and position-relevant bonding and certifications.
- Collaborate with the team to determine project needs.
- Set performance goals and deadlines.
- Plan construction processes.
- Estimate costs and ensure the project is on budget.
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities.
- Implement safety and quality guidelines.
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance.
- Keep track of material stock and orders.
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies.
- Degree or diploma in a related field
- Position-relevant bonding and certifications
- Three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in a related industry
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to manage coordination efforts in construction projects with various parties, such as architects, project engineers, and landscaping installers
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Proven experience preparing and conducting post-implementation evaluations
- Ability to create realistic schedules to support the timely completion of construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor the progress of all direct reports
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Regular exposure to conditions including heat, humidity, and dust
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive salary
- Salary increase based on performance
- Recognition programs
- Advanced technology tools
- Stable work-life balance
- Various fun activities, lunches, learning sessions, etc.
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- A positive and fun corporate culture, while maintaining accountability
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Career Development Programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Group Insurance Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Eye Vision Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Right Directions Employee Assistance Program
- Registered Retirement Savings Program
-August 31, 2020