Part time to full time Bio-hazard Technician
- Rate TBD
- Location Austin, TX United States (On-site)
- Type of project General support, Specialized Help Light Duty Cleaning, Technical support
- Duration part time ongoing
- Education required High school graduate
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Austin TX
Part-time Bio-Hazard Technician
Our company is looking to hire multiple Technicians to assist in cleaning up a variety of bio-hazardous situations. Competitive hourly rate based on experience.
In this position, you may encounter suicides, homicides, accidental deaths, undiscovered deaths, hoarding, and other environments where bio-hazardous waste are present. You must be able to exhibit professionalism and compassion while working at these scenes.
You must be able to work with chemicals that are used to clean bio-hazardous waste, be in good physical condition, be able to work while using respirators and other forms of personal protective equipment. You must be able to work in confined spaces and potentially hot environments.
At times you will be required to drive your personal vehicle to meet personnel who are working at the scene.
- Must have a valid Driver's License, acceptable Motor Vehicle Record, and be able to drive a U-Haul style box truck
- Must be able to work independently and follow directions
- Must reside locally in Austin area and be able to respond to calls within a reasonable time after receiving a service call
- Must be available (on call) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Must have ability to use mechanical tools such as carpet knives, drills and saws
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Must be able to pass a criminal history check, initial and random drug testing, and be verified as able to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior experience in construction, demolition, restoration, carpentry, maintenance or comparable industries desired but not required
-September 22, 2020