- Rate TBD
- Location Washington, DC United States (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance, IT & Software Accountant, Database administration, Management processes, Quickbooks
- Duration part time up to 20 hr/week ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Washington DC
The purpose of the Business Manager position, pursuant to the rules of the institution, is to record all income, process requests for payment, keep financial records and make such reports as are required to reflect accurately the financial transactions of our institution. The position provides assistance and recommendations to the Administrative, Stewardship, and Residential Properties Committees and serves as the Institution’s point of contact on financial related matters.
A. Fiscal Operations
1. Receives the Weekly Teller’s report and records all income (tithes, offerings, refunds, designated accounts) into the church’s financial management system, QuickBooks.
2. Receives receipts from Committee Chairs, facility users, and members in person and through the mail via the blue slip process. Such receipts are included in the next Weekly Teller’s report.
3. Documents the receipt of rental income deposited into the church’s checking account by the property management company. Notifies chair of the Residential Properties Committee if there are any discrepancies in money deposited into the account. Includes information in monthly financial reports.
4. Receives and distributes invoices to committee and ministry chairs for review and payment.
5. Processes requests for payment ensuring that requests are accompanied by appropriate documentation, funds are available, and the request bears the authorized signature before approval
6. Ensures safe maintenance and confidentiality of all financial documents for the church.
B. Payroll Operations
1. Keeps time and leave records of the staff and uploads records into the online payroll system within specified deadlines.
2. Creates the payroll checks in the online system for the Treasurer’s approval
3. Initiates payment for all taxes, to include: monthly withholding taxes for employees; quarterly processing payment of the federal 941 tax form, quarterly filings of withholding taxes for Maryland employees, and annual tax payments to the DC Government. The tax payments to the three jurisdictions require use of their different systems.
4. Prints out the W-2 tax forms from the BOA payroll system and distributes to employees by January 31, in accordance with Federal guidelines. Manually prepares and distributes 1099 tax forms for contractors
5. Notifies Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company of all employment changes (new employees and/or terminated employees)
C. Financial Reports
1. Prepares and provides monthly financial reports and annual report to the Treasurer,
Stewardship Committee, and congregation.
2. Reconciles the monthly bank statement for inclusion in the financial reports
3. Provides the Pastor with weekly report on all financial transactions within that period
4. Prepares financial information for inclusion in the annual report to the DC Baptist
D. Coordination and Staff Support
1. Serves as an ex officio member of the Stewardship Committee and attends the monthly meetings
2. Attends and presents financial status reports at the bi-monthly meetings of the Church Council and Congregation
3. Attends Pastor’s weekly staff meetings to facilitate better communications between staff members
4. Coordinates activities with the Chair of Residential Properties regarding tax payments for real estate property.
5. Serves as a facilitator with the Administrative Committee on time and attendance, payroll, and equipment purchases.
6. Serves as the liaison between the various committees and ministries within the institution on financial matters. Monitors the Church’s service contracts to make certain all services are rendered properly and on time. Communicates problems or potential problems to the appropriate committee that governs the area in which the problem occurred.
7. Requests all warranty and protection agreements from committee and ministry chairs so information can be filed in a central location. When necessary, such will be available for review by committees, ministries, and members of the congregation.
8. Responds to financial related questions from vendors, committees and
ministries, and members of the congregation.
III. SUPERVISION RECEIVED
The Business Manager is under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. The Stewardship Committee will review the work of the Business Manager, as needed.
Business/finance degree preferred
V. KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Management Experience Accounting Skills Contract and Business Skills Electronic Spreadsheet Skills, Excel Database software Package Skills, QuickBooks.
-September 23, 2020