Construction Project Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Ottawa, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Cost Reduction, Engineering, Organizational Structure, Risk Management, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Ottawa ON
Our company based in Toronto is looking for a dynamic Senior Project Manager for our Ottawa Office with the ability to take initiative and work independently, have exceptional design and construction project management experience, a keen eye for the details and has led and managed Low, Mid and High-Rise Residential projects from start to finish – on time and on budget. You’re good at building strong, trusting client relationships and have a knack for bringing the right people together to come up with innovative ideas and solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position manages the delivery of multiple projects on a tight schedule and within budget. Typical project budgets will exceed $20 million of Hard Costs. In this role, your primary responsibility will be responsible for managing project documentation and schedule, preparing and monitoring project status, budgets This role will oversee the management and guidance of the design and construction teams including internal and external resources from initial concept design to final handover of completed facilities to the operations team. You will be responsible for communication with all subcontractors and negotiating and drafting contract scopes of work and required project documentation. The Senior Project Manager will drive successful outcomes, facilitate the work of others, influence forward-thinking management decisions and contribute to the overall success of the Development and Construction team. Someone who feels a strong sense of ownership over both the process and the results. A motivator who can build a culture of flexible productivity.
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications:
· Coordinate and prepare communication plans for meetings with team and clients. Take project meeting minutes to track progress and keep all project resources and client informed.
· Responsible for managing project documentation and coordinating documentation revisions and distributions. You will run meetings, set agendas, issue meeting minutes, etc.
· Manage multiple projects in various locations, from project identification through design, planning, client approval, permit issuance, construction and completion.
· Your project team reports positively on your ability to manage change, communicate and coordinate between stakeholders, resolve issues, and deliver projects on time and on budget.
· Have experience with budget & milestone/schedule development, management and tracking.
· You will assist owner with contract negotiation and analyze/ negotiate change orders.
· Manage the Change order process and ensure that the budget is managed accordingly
· Regularly Monitor subcontractor performance and address anu concerns in a timely fashion
· Manage and hold accountable project resources, managers, internal stakeholders, vendors and service providers (if applicable) on their deliverables
· Provide advice and recommendations in developing and articulating requirements for specific projects in terms of scope, timing, cash flow, and approval
· Exercise good judgement in the analysis of project design solutions to ensure excellence in the design stage
· Actively participate in construction site meetings, providing input on interpretation of contract, plans and specifications while ensuring that consultants or contractors fulfill their responsibilities
· Ensure adequate inspection and supervision of all work in progress and take corrective action as necessary, ensuring that any deficiencies identified are rectified in a timely manner
· Track, monitor and ensure compliance with the approved project budget
· Develop, monitor and maintain current and accurate cost forecasts
· Proactively identify and track project risks, develop mitigation plans to manage risks, minimize exposure of the organization to risks and non-compliance to policies and regulations
· Understanding of the project life cycle, with the ability in driving the organization to use the data to drive risk identification, quantification, response, and control with respect to the master schedule.
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
· At least 6 – 10 years of construction management experience
· Proficient in estimating, scheduling, budgeting cost, field supervision, financial reporting, and client relationships
· Be well versed with Procore Construction Project Management Software
· Experience and understanding of both Wood-frame and Concrete construction
· Proficient with Microsoft Project and Excel
· Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to direct organize and communicate with team members at all levels
· Negotiation and decision-making skills
· Talent management
· Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
· Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
· Mitigating risk
-September 7, 2020